compatability cory cat & german blue ram

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hollyfish2000

AC Members
Nov 10, 2009
I wouldn't, personally, do three blue rams. They are a pairing fish, not a harem breeder. You could do three apistogramma of some sort, as they are a harem breeder. You can also do a group of Bolivian rams. None of these should bother cories.

briar14

Dec 3, 2009
Salem,NH
Real Name
Ernie Paul
great info,appreciate the feedback.rethinking stocking gbr's. bolivian rams would work. i would appreciate members ideas on what species mix would best fit my 36 gal tall bowfront. if I decided on the bolivians.I would still like to keep the cories in the community mix.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I hope we didn't steer you away from GBR they are beautiful fish but you still have to match their personalities in a community tank.

Here are 2 of 3 of mine in my 120g they are 1 balloon (F), 1 Long fin (M) and 1 Regular Fin (M)

There are Angels, Rummy Nose, Cardinals, Sterbi, Dwarf Pencils, Otos, Congos granted it's a big tank heavily stocked and planted but the Reg Fin GBR nose his limits. If it were a smaller tank I would just leave the Pair.

I keep my breeding Long fin pair in a 20gal tall with easy growers so she can hide when the honeymoon is over until she is ready again.

I also have 10+ Long GBR raised from fry in a 33L with 30 tiny Cardinals and a few Otos heavily filtered.

Kelevra24

AC Members
Nov 14, 2009
My GB is ver peaceful towards all my fish. I wouldn't suspect a problem, just watch out just in a case :)

briar14

Dec 3, 2009
Salem,NH
Real Name
Ernie Paul
compatability cory cat & german blue rams

Fantastic pics of such beautiful fish! I have been going crazy trying to plan a community tank that includes a ram species. Tank is in a fishless cycle mode giving me much time for planning. Rams desire a higher water temp so i try to select fish that will tolerate low 80's temps. I have thought about 2 angels 4 dwarf rainbows 3 honey gouramis 4 sterbae cories 1 german ram. many years ago I maintained several 10 gal livebearer tanks fancy guppies/mollies/swords ended giving all to my son to enjoy with the grandkids.I am now retired with renewed interest along with the time to really enjoy the hobby.Things have really changed over the years the science of tropical fish keeping has come a long way .fishless cycling chemistry was not a factor back in the old days ok cause i'm into it Enough rhetoric-I would like some members opinion of my stocking plan,realizing it is subject to change based on their input/experiences.I am listening! thanks members who make this the best tropical fish forum

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store