Crayfish Owners, Please Read!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
yes its normal. they molt more often when younge mine molt once every 2 weeks, well the 2 month old ones do. the adults havnt molted in about 3-4 months.

the latest ones every couple of days.

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
Glad to hear that it is normal. I was a little concerned although it hasn't slowed her down any. I guess that I imagined that when they moulted they would hide and not eat very much, but not little Ms. Marley. She is out in the middle of the tank harrising the ghost shrimp and the mtsnails.

I have hand fed her too and she is still a little concerned about the huge arm in the tank, but she is more concerned with the freeze dried krill. LOL.

I am hoping to get some more pics of her at least by Monday. So get ready to see the girl that has tripled her size in a week. LOL.

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
cant wait to see the new and inproved lil girl lol.

when they molt they do generaly hide till recovered and hardend up. glad there doing well.

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
I had to share this to in this thread.

My husband just called me frantic. I was trying to get him to slow down and tell me what is going on. He said, "She did it again." I said, "What?" He said, "Marley she did her skin thing again."

LMAO.
So I guess that she has moulted yet again. So far her moults have been:
Aug 4th
Aug 8th
Aug 14th

So now she will probaly be 4 to 5 times bigger than what she was.

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
nice 1.

am sure all water is good and pristine, but you have to watch out when they molt regular as they get bigger as it could be a sign of bad water or somthing in the water they dont like.

not in your case as there still younge and small just a heads up.

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
New Pics

Well like I said that I would, I worked on getting new pics of her this past weekend. She was very photogenic, she even did the claw dance with my finger on the outside of the tank. LOL. She has also found out that she can climb, I watched her for about an hour while she was trying to excape and cover it up by acting like she was eating duckweed. Although I know that she can't excape b/c I have 100% sealed the top with duck tape around the filter. The ramshorn that is in the pic with her is about the size of a half dollar.

I also rescaped her home alittle. I was tired of her hiding behind the white coral so I took it out and readjusted a few other things. Now that the white coral is removed, she uses her shell, like I wanted.

Some pics got shuffled but the second to the last is the rescaped home.

100_1465.JPG 100_1476.JPG Marley Climbing.JPG 100_1480.JPG 100_1482.JPG Marley1.JPG Marley08-08.JPG Rescape08-08.JPG

Last edited:

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
nice, great tank, and how much did it cost?

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
nice, great tank, and how much did it cost?

LOL.

When you say how much did it cost, what or which one are you talking about
Crayfish about $10.00
10gl tank about $10.00
10gl hood about $8.00
sand $ 8.00 got 2 colors
gravel $4.00
shell for home $5.00
silk plants who knows probaly to much.
duckweed the friendships of 2 great AC members (Toddnbecka & fluffyntex)
all the snails same as the silk plants probaly to much.

I hope I answered which you were talking about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store