Did Bristle Worms kill my clown...really? (with pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mimi22

Registered Member
Nov 24, 2020
I have (well used to have) a clown fish in my 24G AP tank.

I bought some LR for it and it came with a couple of bristle worms. Now there's a ton (literally) of them in the tank, big,small, medium, fat, juicy...
Since last week my clown has been missing (every time I put food in the water he used to come).

Could the bristle worms have killed my clown??
Here are some pics so you can see

If you look in the 5th picture you can see the clown hiding in his cave (pics were taken before he disappeared) and you also see bristle worms in the cave too on another pic.

Note: there are a lot more bristle worms than shown in the pics

View attachment 50563 View attachment 50564 View attachment 50565 View attachment 50566 View attachment 50567 View attachment 50568
Brist

Mimi22

Registered Member
Nov 24, 2020
I have (well used to have) a clown fish in my 24G AP tank.

I bought some LR for it and it came with a couple of bristle worms. Now there's a ton (literally) of them in the tank, big,small, medium, fat, juicy...
Since last week my clown has been missing (every time I put food in the water he used to come).

Could the bristle worms have killed my clown??
Here are some pics so you can see

If you look in the 5th picture you can see the clown hiding in his cave (pics were taken before he disappeared) and you also see bristle worms in the cave too on another pic.

Note: there are a lot more bristle worms than shown in the pics

View attachment 50563 View attachment 50564 View attachment 50565 View attachment 50566 View attachment 50567 View attachment 50568
They have killed every fish I have put in my tank. The only one that survived is my clown and I think it is because he stays inside the anemone. Mine stay in the rock and empty shells(I set as traps). I use tweezers to get them out when I see them. Also arrow crabs will eat them and so does a six line wrasse I have been told. DONT touch them. They sting and it is painful for days.

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Unsure. I am not an expert on bristle worms, but the worm is a carnivore. I'd get about 50 arrow crabs! lol
Good topic for me to research, just in case I setup another Marine tank. Thanks for heads up.

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store