DIY canister with PVC pipe system

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I haven't seen CK around here in a while, but I believe this filter was take out of commission a few months after it was finished in favor of a regular canister filter. Leakage and cleaning issues, I think it was.

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Because the water pressure is constant from a tank on a canister filter that is below the level of the aquarium or water line, some type of O-ring or washer seal is pretty much mandatory. If I ever build another DYI canister filter with a powerful pump, I will use the old housing of an otherwise broken or no longer working canister filter. No baskets just the motor on the bottom a screen and piled up media.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
I haven't seen CK around here in a while, but I believe this filter was take out of commission a few months after it was finished in favor of a regular canister filter. Leakage and cleaning issues, I think it was.
That's too bad!

Because the water pressure is constant from a tank on a canister filter that is below the level of the aquarium or water line, some type of O-ring or washer seal is pretty much mandatory. If I ever build another DYI canister filter with a powerful pump, I will use the old housing of an otherwise broken or no longer working canister filter. No baskets just the motor on the bottom a screen and piled up media.
Do a build thread please! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store