do fish feel pain

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

do fish feel pain

• yes fish feel pain

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • no they dont feel pain thats stupid

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • emotionaly they do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • phiscaly they do(sorry for wrong spelling)

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
their is a big debate about fish feeling pain at the momet their is a gold fish in my oscar tank with half is body it must be felling pain
or something that is causeing then much discomforte:confused:

Last edited:

Dr.Guppy

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
Bromley, UK
Visit site
The choices seem very fair to me. You say either they do, or they dont, or they do with emotion, or they do but only physically. I dont see what could be added or taken away to improve this or make it so it an give a clearer picture. Seemed very well thought out to me, but maybe there is something I am missing.

Here to help,
Michael.

Dr.Guppy

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
Bromley, UK
Visit site
Does anyone else get this message when they try to vote:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session. ?

I cant seem to be able to vote unfortunately...

RENEGADE

the one and only RENEGADE
Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
wetman is right. its just like if you put your hand on a hot stove it hurts and you move your hand real qiuck.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
I think the debate is more a question of your definiton of pain.

If you consider pain any reaction you have to something that hurts then yes, fish feel pain.

If you consider pain only as a concious psychological sensation, then fish dont feel pain.

Fish do react to stimulus, but they do not have the psychological sensation of pain.

audio77

AC Members
Jan 19, 2003
Visit site
i KNOW they do. kinda grusome, but... have any of you gone fishing before? i can remember back when i was a kid goin fishing and comming home and cleaning them. when the knife went in, they might tense up, curl their tail, maybe wiggle a bit. it was very obvious they felt pain. fish arent the most simple animal, but i believe any animal/critter feels pain. ever split a worm? what does it do...squirm, rithe around... its feeling it.

just my $.02

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
audio- seeing a fish wiggle or tense up is not an indication of pain. Most likely it is a set reaction they have to escape danger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store