Do gouramis often sit on the bottom?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tataki rocks

Registered Member
Mar 18, 2006
I've had succes with Jungle medicated food by soaking it in some mashed up garlic and a bit of water . . ..
Soaked in garlic! Wow. I know this is sorta unrelated and a bit of a non sequitur. But have you tried garlic for other things like do you think garlic in water will help sick bettas get better used along with Betta Fix.

Rosita.....just IMe-d you twice... did you get the messages? Trying to get in touch w/ ya, Rosita? Lemme know.

thx. zilla.

Last edited:

stasia8756

AC Members
Feb 24, 2007
Nashville
My dwarf gourami sleeps on the bottom and often hangs out by the fry hides on the bottom hoping for live food. There's nothing wrong with him because otherwise he's all over the place and eats well.

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
OK, I got some Flagyl (sp?) from the Cichlid shop in Houston. It's supposed to be the bomb for intestinal parasites. The staff there talked with me for about 20 minutes to determine that yes, it appears to be an intestinal parasite and what to do about it. I like that place.

So anyway, I have a three day dosing regimen of medication. Waterborne and food borne. I'll report when I'm done. I'm glad I bought that can of carbon last month. (Yes, I will run the carbon after the fourth day.)

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
UPDATE!

Great News, the medication regimen is over. All fish are healthy, moving more, feeling better, no sitting on the bottom, and with proper brownish poo.

I did a 30% or so water change and added carbon for the next few weeks.

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Excellent!

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I had one that did... he was dead though

danksenter

AC Members
Dec 7, 2021
Usa
Real Name
David
I'm glad that your gourami fish survived. I thought that my gourami was lying on the bottom because it was recently bought and as I found it is quite normal. In reality, it had a similar infection like yours. It got white spots and died quickly. I didn't have enough time to give them medicine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store