Do you believe in the 2012 Apocalypse?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Do you believe in the 2012 Apocalypse?

• Yes

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 110 82.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Global warming, the biggest hoax in history!

well.. second. ;)
Whats the first. I also saw a cartoon about that lol. 2 poler bears on a tropical island with a sign saying NORTH POLE wand wearing signs that said ENDANGERED. One of them was saying "i still dont believe in this whole global warming thin" lol.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I agree with this! it's us people who are destroying our planet! not some asteroid or some volcano that will blow up or some large scale earthquakes!
tell that to the dinosaurs

;)

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
yea, the only thing that could actually do that is stopping the core, its just changing shape and position, called a magnetic reversal, happens ever million years or so. What we should be worried about is Global Warming, if we get to a point of no return we could end up like venus.
You missed my point.
I said "Right now I'm more concerned about our magnetic shield declining in power." This was in response to you talking about 2012.

The earths magnetic field HAS ACTUALLY DECLINED by 10-15% in the last 150 years. There are a host of problems this can, and has already, caused like satellite failures. Another problem with the magnetic decline is ozone depletion and lack of protection from solar flares which have knocked out parts of the power grid in the recent past. Am I more concerned about the decline in the magnetic shield than any predictions about the earth coming to an end in 2012? You bet!

Q

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
You missed my point.
I said "Right now I'm more concerned about our magnetic shield declining in power." This was in response to you talking about 2012.

The earths magnetic field HAS ACTUALLY DECLINED by 10-15% in the last 150 years. There are a host of problems this can, and has already, caused like satellite failures. Another problem with the magnetic decline is ozone depletion and lack of protection from solar flares which have knocked out parts of the power grid in the recent past. Am I more concerned about the decline in the magnetic shield than any predictions about the earth coming to an end in 2012? You bet!

Q
Sorry, did misunderstand. On your blackout point: if a negatively charged solar flare we would have no defense, our magnetic field does not work on the negatively charged protons. If something like that hit the only defense would be to turn off all power on earth for the duration of the flare, which would keep the grid from overdoing itself. That would save millions in $$$, but would be a major inconvenience. Also, we cant predict what type of flare it will be till it hits a satellite in between earth and sol just for that purpose.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Sorry, did misunderstand. On your blackout point: if a negatively charged solar flare we would have no defense, our magnetic field does not work on the negatively charged protons. If something like that hit the only defense would be to turn off all power on earth for the duration of the flare, which would keep the grid from overdoing itself. That would save millions in $$$, but would be a major inconvenience. Also, we cant predict what type of flare it will be till it hits a satellite in between earth and sol just for that purpose.
I really like the bolded part. It makes me happy inside.

The thing you guys are actually talking about is Geomagnetic reversal. The reversal isn't expected for another 1500 years based on current models. But, we will continue to see the effects of a weakening magnetic field in the mean time.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer

The thing you guys are actually talking about is Geomagnetic reversal. The reversal isn't expected for another 1500 years based on current models. But, we will continue to see the effects of a weakening magnetic field in the mean time.
Ahh, geomagnetic, i knew it had magnetic in it lol. Yea, isnt the field supposed to get really weak?

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Yes, it weakens to a point until the magnetic poles reverse and strengthen again.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer

oh yea, to the bolded part, that photons, not protons lol.

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Well my history teacher told me my life is gonna suck anyway, lmao.

A lot of my teachers told me something similar - it kind of gives me a chuckle everytime I interview a teacher looking to get out of the education system.

As to the world ending - it's highly unlikely but one of these days some doomsayer will have to be correct.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store