Do you go fishing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I go fishing... rarely catch anything... :silly:

Its relaxing and I enjoy 4wheeling while im out there aswell.

anyways, catch and release... dont feel bad for bait...

the worms that make it go to my oscars anyways.

and we've also used a minnow trap for feeders.

suepahfly

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
I like going fishing. I usually keep anything that is a legal size to eat. Can't beat fresh fish.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I grew up fishing and hunting. As a child it was more to put food on the table than for sport. Now the fishing is for sport however I do still hunt but eat everything I bring down.

I do sometimes bring home the occasional fish and put it on the Barbi with a little blackening spice..

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I love fishing...especially saltwater. Fish that you catch and clean yourself just taste better.

Plecosterone

We don't need no stinking badges!
Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Nothing beats floating around in a canoe with a line in the water. I haven't been fishing for the last few years, but used to go to Northern Ontario. Man is that country up there. More clear lakes than anywhere else in the world.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
I fish every chance that I get...both hardbait casting and fly-fishing...been doing so since I was 5.

psariandras

AC Members
May 18, 2007
my favorite tasting fish is crappie. haven't had it in years but it was great tasting. We caught a whole bunch of them near a beaver dam. That was a lot of fun. Seemed like one would bite just about as soon as you threw in the hook, our livewell was full that day. I don't go fishing anymore though. not enough time and money unfortunately.

Toirtis, I have to ask, b/c I am interested in odd fishes - what is the strangest fish you have kept/seen? My favorite sort are eel like fish that are very large, I almost got a dragon goby but didnt have the tank for it.
I like strange looking fishes, I am sure you must have seen many strange fishes in the past few decades of being an aquarist.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store