Do you really want to know how to hit Monster beverage the hardest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Agreed, 100%. Although I thought it was a bold move for NYC to ban trans fats from restaurant foods. I would certainly be in favor of such legislation in Florida...fat chance, though!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Sub- you are so high up on your horse you must not have been able to clearly read what I wrote. Nowhere did I use the word ban or suggest a ban on anything. So go back and actually bother to read what I said.

Do you even know what is in these drinks, how all the ingredients may interact and what the long term consequences of using these products might be? Or do you believe there should be no USDA inspecting meat to insure its safe, no EPA making sure toxic chemicals are not in your groundwater. And heck who cares what may or may not be radioactive. Do you care what is in baby food? Or is it just the energy beverage industry that you think should be allowed to sell anything they want with nobody overseeing its safety?

I suggest you have a read here
http://www.emsworld.com/news/10339443/caffeine-packed-energy-drink-leads-to-911-call
https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2012/196/1/energy-drinks-health-risks-and-toxicity
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/health/illinois-senator-****-durbin-energy-drink-fda--146374545.html

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Sub- you are so high up on your horse you must not have been able to clearly read what I wrote. Nowhere did I use the word ban or suggest a ban on anything. So go back and actually bother to read what I said.

Do you even know what is in these drinks, how all the ingredients may interact and what the long term consequences of using these products might be? Or do you believe there should be no USDA inspecting meat to insure its safe, no EPA making sure toxic chemicals are not in your groundwater. And heck who cares what may or may not be radioactive. Do you care what is in baby food? Or is it just the energy beverage industry that you think should be allowed to sell anything they want with nobody overseeing its safety?

I suggest you have a read here
http://www.emsworld.com/news/10339443/caffeine-packed-energy-drink-leads-to-911-call
https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2012/196/1/energy-drinks-health-risks-and-toxicity
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/health/illinois-senator-****-durbin-energy-drink-fda--146374545.html
While we're giving each other suggestions, here's couple for you. First off don't be disingenuous when dealing with someone who knows what disingenousness looks like. What outcome do you forecast if all of the Congressional hearings go as you would want them to? Really now, you're acting like an infant who thinks that if he hides his head nobody can see him. Do you honestly think that by not saying the word you avoid the intent? Secondly I would urge you to get over your fears and live a little. No guts no glory, and you're not looking very glorious over this.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Agreed, 100%. Although I thought it was a bold move for NYC to ban trans fats from restaurant foods. I would certainly be in favor of such legislation in Florida...fat chance, though!
I see what you did there.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Made a pun? ;) lol

It may be one of the last things I do on here. I think I'm outta here, folks...it's tough, but I think the time has come.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
WOW My thread gets locked for absolutely no reason and yet there are two members in this thread being BEYOND disrespectful to each other, nothing against either of you but you know it is true. Perhaps this thread should be locked as well?!?!?!?!?

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
That's a nice idea, if youre against all energy drinks in general, and want to try and take them all down.

However, as far as their attack on MFK is concerned, it will do absolutely zero to help the situation. The issue of whether energy drinks are safe has absolutely nothing to do with the potential MFK suit. Not to mention, Congressional action is sure to take longer than the potential MFK suit, and even if they have to stop selling their drinks as is, they will simply change the recipe and continue as always. Either way, they still have their name, and will continue to come after MFK about theirs. It would solve nothing.

Going this route is seeking revenge, not justice. It's just going after them because they came after us, out of spite. I like to think that as a whole, we are above that sort of thing, and wouldnt sink to their level. If you're against all energy drinks, by all means, go for it. But if you want to help MFK, keep your protests to the MFK issue, because thats the battle we need to win. Reach out to those who may not care about fish, but are willing to stand up against injustice. We may be a small group ourselves, but if the trademark issue can get enough exposure, it can become a dent in their profit margins, and a PR nightmare for them.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I would hope that congress would regulate the industry the way the FDA does with drugs, the way food ingredients are regulated, the way alcohol is regulated, the way tobacco is regulated.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Ok, same difference. Say energy drinks become regulated. I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't be. My question is, how does regulation of the energy drink industry help Monster Fishkeepers and the position they are in, in any way?

It would certainly draw attention away from the potential law suit, while our goal is to draw attention to it, and it's frivolousness.

If MFK got involved as a site, and Monster Energy found out, it would certainly give them plenty of reason not to back down or reverse their position on the trademark issue.

Truth is, your thread isn't about helping MFK at all. It says so, right in the title. It's about "how to hit Monster Beverage the hardest". This forum is for supporting and defending Monster Fishkeepers. There's a General Chit-Chat forum for voicing your opinion on the energy drink industry and gathering support for this completely separate issue.

I went back and read through it again. Posting this here, and starting the thread by discounting the efforts that have been made by MAN members and supporters trying to help MFK, gives the illusion to those who read it that this is somehow a better way to help MFK, when in reality it has absolutely NOTHING to do with MFK at all. I think you were fully aware of this when you wrote it. It's just a way to get a bunch of people who might normally not care one way or the other about the regulation/health concerns of energy drinks to take your side on the issue, in order to seek revenge on Monster Beverage.

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store