Do you really want to know how to hit Monster beverage the hardest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
New York
petluvr- show me exactly where I engaged in disrespecting or insulting anybody on this thread the way sub-rosa has attacked me?

She called me disingenuous, an infant etc. While I did question her motives, I did so with no disrespect, no name calling etc. She also put words into my mouth I never said and then railed against them as if I had. She has seen fit to let you all know what I think, though how she might know this eludes me. So please show me anything I said that is disrespectful let alone beyond.

007genie, I will try to explain it to you. The last thing Monster beverage wants to see happen is for there to be hearings in Congress and for the potential result to be any form of regulation or oversight. Given the option to have all of that go away vs their succeeding in their petty lawsuit against MFK, there is no question which they would want. The amount of resources they must commit and the negative fallout risks of suing MFK are miniscule compared to the risks they face from industry investigations by congress. If they perceive that their battle against MFK is resulting in a real threat to their profits, they will be much more inclined to leave MFK alone. Now if my suggestion were in any way illegal, that would be another issue. And if there were really no basis for such investigations besides MFK wanting to make trouble, I could understand arguing against what I suggested. But there were already many issues being raised before MFK was targeted. So all I suggested was a legal and legitimate way to bring effective pressure to bear. And 007 where did I say I wanted to take down an industry?

And perhaps I need to explain the meaning of the phrase "hit em where it hurts"?
to do or say something to someone that will upset them as much as possibleHe's always worrying about his weight, so if you want to hit him where it hurts, tell him he's looking a bit fat.
(Definition of hit sb where it hurts from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/hit-sb-where-it-hurts

What it means is: do whatever will get their attention the most. What I suggested is going to do exactly that. And it had the potential side benefit of insuring that these products are indeed safe and that somebody is actually watching that.

But let me make this really simple with the following suggestions.

1. If I have contravened the site rules in terms of behaving toward any member according to Rule #5 of the forum's "Posting Etiquette & Guidelines", I will accept any disciplinary action the staff deems appropriate without objection.

2. If my suggestion to write one's representatives etc. is felt by the mod staff, the site admin. staff or by Li himself to be contrary to the site's best interests or in any other way unacceptable, then I do not and will not object if they delete this entire thread.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
petluvr- show me exactly where I engaged in disrespecting or insulting anybody on this thread the way sub-rosa has attacked me?

She called me disingenuous, an infant etc. While I did question her motives, I did so with no disrespect, no name calling etc. She also put words into my mouth I never said and then railed against them as if I had. She has seen fit to let you all know what I think, though how she might know this eludes me. So please show me anything I said that is disrespectful let alone beyond.

007genie, I will try to explain it to you. The last thing Monster beverage wants to see happen is for there to be hearings in Congress and for the potential result to be any form of regulation or oversight. Given the option to have all of that go away vs their succeeding in their petty lawsuit against MFK, there is no question which they would want. The amount of resources they must commit and the negative fallout risks of suing MFK are miniscule compared to the risks they face from industry investigations by congress. If they perceive that their battle against MFK is resulting in a real threat to their profits, they will be much more inclined to leave MFK alone. Now if my suggestion were in any way illegal, that would be another issue. And if there were really no basis for such investigations besides MFK wanting to make trouble, I could understand arguing against what I suggested. But there were already many issues being raised before MFK was targeted. So all I suggested was a legal and legitimate way to bring effective pressure to bear. And 007 where did I say I wanted to take down an industry?

And perhaps I need to explain the meaning of the phrase "hit em where it hurts"?

from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/hit-sb-where-it-hurts

What it means is: do whatever will get their attention the most. What I suggested is going to do exactly that. And it had the potential side benefit of insuring that these products are indeed safe and that somebody is actually watching that.

But let me make this really simple with the following suggestions.

1. If I have contravened the site rules in terms of behaving toward any member according to Rule #5 of the forum's "Posting Etiquette & Guidelines", I will accept any disciplinary action the staff deems appropriate without objection.

2. If my suggestion to write one's representatives etc. is felt by the mod staff, the site admin. staff or by Li himself to be contrary to the site's best interests or in any other way unacceptable, then I do not and will not object if they delete this entire thread.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings young lady, but if you're going to express such a radical idea as you did, you have to expect more rational folks to call you on it.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Sorry, sub- but you did not hurt anything. And I am likely old enough to be your grandfather and have been around way too long to be bothered by anything you care to post.

I am done with this discussion as there is no point in pursuing it further. We disagree and I am happy to leave it at that.

Last edited:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Agreed, but fyi if you were old enough to be my grandfather, you wouldn't be spreading fertilizer, you would be fertilizer.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
closed....2 yrs old...

Reactions: evil wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com