Does anyone keep Cyrtocara Moorii with Mbuna?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LadyBarbara001

Victorian addict
Jun 30, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
I have one suggestion for a blue/dark blue fish...that would be Pseudotropheus Acei, the white tailed version. I keep this fish with my Blue Dolphins...and have no problems.

Picture 015.jpg Picture 009.jpg

Istanbul_Kop

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Liverpool, UK.
Thanks for the advice.

Righto, this is how it's going...

I've built my cabinet and got the tank on it.

I've put my egg crate on the bottom and silconed in my background.

I've also built an undergravel jet thingy me bob with a powerhead and pvc pipe and directed them around the rocks.

I've powered washed my rocks and put them in. More or less happy with it, just the top one might need changing.

I've modifed my hood and hood filter to let the big external pipes in from my external filter (which is ready to go).

Air stones are in position.

Scratched the front of the tankw ith my belt....grrrrrrrr.

Still got to:

1. Wash my pebbles and plonk em in.
2. Wash my sand and plonk it in.
3. Insall my 'Blue Lagoon' LED light.
4. Fill it with water.
5. Cycle it.
6. Add fish.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Go ahead, Kop! I can't wait to see pics of your masterpiece after finished!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Oh i bet it will look good mate sounds good minus the belt scratches hehehe been there and done that my friend..

This is just a side note man but i don't hardly wash or boil anything new that i put into my tank and in my 22years of fish keeping never had a problem i think its all over rated aye unless your buying old stuff from a nasty never cleaned system by someone who wasn't taking care of their stuff.. just my thoughts..

Cool can't wait to see the photos..

Istanbul_Kop

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Liverpool, UK.
My rocks had all kinds of crap on them from being in the bottom of the cage at the Garden Centre....so they needed it I think. Pebbles just needed rinsing. Sand is play sand so that needed a good seeing too as well I think. I've washed 15kg of sand now so I'm going to put that in soon. My pipes froze because of the weather so it's all been a bit delayed, but getting there.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah if it is clearly nasty i too would rinse it well but i usually try to stir clear of that stuff and in some cases you really dont have a choice but to clean it..

Me with the new stuff like gravel in bags and such is what i really was talking about and or if i really had to have a certain item that was dirty i would give it once over..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store