Does this guppy look like a platy/guppy mix?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

b.greene

AC Members
Jan 30, 2008
Northern Michigan
Females are good, just harder for me to get a close look/photo of since they are smaller. Their color is much more nondescript. The male has such interesting coloring. He has black stripes running vertical down his body and then his tip fin and tail are spotted, I have never seen anything like it. The photos can't quite do it justice.

Edj05

The Kraken
Nov 29, 2008
New Jersey
Very nice looking fish. Not to hijack your thread, but here is a photo of someone else's molly/guppy hybrid from another forum. Interesting how the limia-like bars appear on this fish, like they do on your's.

b.greene

AC Members
Jan 30, 2008
Northern Michigan
Very nice looking fish. Not to hijack your thread, but here is a photo of someone else's molly/guppy hybrid from another forum. Interesting how the limia-like bars appear on this fish, like they do on your's.

WOW - mine is beginning to look VERY much like this guy! Do you know the person who has this fish? I am wondering what color the molly parent was???

Temeraire

Betta Owner
Jan 6, 2009
Wow, those hybrids look really nice.

Edj05

The Kraken
Nov 29, 2008
New Jersey
Mosquito fish...?

Sorry, the guy didn't say what color the mollies were. The tank had a large mix of guppies & mollies. For some reason he seemed to believe his new yellow male guppy was the father of the hybrids, but there is really no way to tell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store