Easy Plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
But you are registering nitrates on your new tank, see how that plays out, move those rock decors over and monitor the parameters daily on the shrimp tank.

Definitely in need of a water change though on the 54g lol oof. One of the joys of being busy, sometimes life and nitrates catch up to you 😂

railer20

AC Members
Oct 15, 2020
Kansas
But you are registering nitrates on your new tank, see how that plays out, move those rock decors over and monitor the parameters daily on the shrimp tank.

Definitely in need of a water change though on the 54g lol oof. One of the joys of being busy, sometimes life and nitrates catch up to you 😂
so random development last night when I got home and was putting my son to bed, there were at least two shrimp that must’ve been hiding in the decor in my 2 gallon tank still alive. Is there anything I can do besides moving those rocks over, and do a 25% water change in that small tank to make sure that water is good for them?

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Move the rocks over, do a small but frequent water change. Move some fast growing plants over if possible too

Reactions: fishorama

railer20

AC Members
Oct 15, 2020
Kansas
Move the rocks over, do a small but frequent water change. Move some fast growing plants over if possible too
See you are trying to get me in trouble again. I don’t have any plants in my big tank :( … my small shrimp tank does have Susswassertang but that’s it.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
NoodleCats is right: move rocks, change a little water. (but I would remind you to use a dechlorinator like Prime because of the ammonia in your tap water. I think we discussed that when you were setting up your 54g a while ago.)

I thought you had ordered live but slow growing plants?

Congrats on finding a couple shrimp!

railer20

AC Members
Oct 15, 2020
Kansas
NoodleCats is right: move rocks, change a little water. (but I would remind you to use a dechlorinator like Prime because of the ammonia in your tap water. I think we discussed that when you were setting up your 54g a while ago.)

I thought you had ordered live but slow growing plants?

Congrats on finding a couple shrimp!
I am debating some plants for my 54 gallon. Just haven’t got that far yet with other things going on. I will move those rocks this evening, do a water change. Yes I keep prime on Hand and read that I need like .2 ML for that small tank.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Aw I'm not gonna get you in trouble.

Sußwassertang is good for the time being! That stuff is very goof even if it's somewhat slow growing

railer20

AC Members
Oct 15, 2020
Kansas
Aw I'm not gonna get you in trouble.

Sußwassertang is good for the time being! That stuff is very goof even if it's somewhat slow growing
looking at the Java Fern Mini as well. Could probably put a couple of those in that small tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store