Eheim 2217 making humming noise

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chrisk-K

Theodore P. Charles Fellow of AC
Dec 1, 2009
Maryland
Sometimes, the L shaped intake pipe at the bottom of the canister gets clogged and air bubbles get trapped there. You may want to clean it if you haven't.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
FWIW, I was reading about a similar problem on another forum and the humming noise was eventually linked to the use of a multiple power strip with surge protection built in. When he plugged the filter directly into the wall outlet, the humming was gone.
Any chance you might be using one of those devices?

briar14

Dec 3, 2009
Salem,NH
Real Name
Ernie Paul
FWIW, I was reading about a similar problem on another forum and the humming noise was eventually linked to the use of a multiple power strip with surge protection built in. When he plugged the filter directly into the wall outlet, the humming was gone.
Any chance you might be using one of those devices?
Interesting solution. I utilize a non surge type strip. Actually the lubing of the impeller and shaft assy with vaseline cured the hum complaint. I also utiilize a sponge filter in conjunction with my Eheim 2217 and the only audible noise is from the sponge filter air pump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store