FS Electric Blue Crayfish (Procambarus Alleni) - Las Vegas, NV - Ship or Pickup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Dragonclaws.. I've tried several times, but they don't seem to BE sexable at this age. Tried looking at about 10 of them again tonight and they're still all identical. We'll need to wait until they grow/develop further before I can determine gender for you. I'm thinking they need to reach around 3 inches or so before they're sexable.... and maybe that's why I don't see anyone selling males, females, or pairs at Aquabid or other sites when they're smaller than about 3-4 inches. If you want me to, I'll message you once I'm able to differentiate males from females as long as I still have them available then.

Meanwhile, I'll leave this as an offer for unsexed juveniles only.

I wanted a pair when I got mine, too. I just couldn't find anyone who sold them by gender at all so I bought 5 juvenile crayfish around this size. Once I had a mating pair from that batch, I kept that pair so I could breed them and I sold off the other 3 crays locally.

That worked out great for me as I got the rich blue coloring I wanted and they were already paired off.

theemon

AC Members
Jun 14, 2009
kashta, i breed these too. while i dont have any babies currently. i am positive u can sex them that small. depending on your eyes. i sex mine at 1/2inch if they pay me double :) otherwise i say unsexed too. much easier and for the price it works.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a difference yet. I'll figure them out one way or another and post again once I've separated some males and females from the others.

They're such wiggly little critters. I keep telling them to sit still, but they don't listen very well. lol.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Those are super cute! I'd love to see a vid of all your little babies. :)

theemon

AC Members
Jun 14, 2009
kashta, it might be easier to put them in a clear container and look from underneath.

males are obvious, females less so. or wait a few more weeks.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
LOL.. thanks. I tried that already. I'm almost tempted to think I've got the world's first self-cloning Alleni's and they're all the same sex!! :rofl:

Just kidding there. The problem is I rather unceremoniously dumped my crays into a 40 gallon tank where I was soaking two large driftwood stumps (which will end up in my 110 gallon). They love hiding in and amongst the natural crags, caves, and crevases in those stumps so I don't get much opportunity to view them like a normal person would having them in a regular aquarium. But don't worry, I'll get them fished out and moved so I can see them better and (hopefully) snap some decent pics or videos.

macmcquack

Registered Member
Mar 18, 2010
how do you order these? I would like two live in arizona so cant wait to long before sweltering heat.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
how do you order these? I would like two live in arizona so cant wait to long before sweltering heat.
Hi macmcquack. You're not able to send or receive private messages at the site here until your post count reaches 5. And you've set your user settings to not allow emails from members at the site.

Click on my name above my avatar and you'll see an option there to send me an email directly. Just let me know what email address you'd like me to use in reply and I'll send you my Paypal payment information that way.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Thanks, theemon. Sorry macmcquack, I won't be able to ship them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store