Emergency, Please Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pichi

Registered Member
Oct 25, 2021
1. Size of tank? 100L

2. a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? PH 6.6 - 7 (it's hard to tell), KH 1, I think the GH test turned green between the 6 - 10th drop but it was so hard to tell.
API Master freshwater test kit, Drops

3. Temperature? 22°C

4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater

5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 years

6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? Goldfish, One, 14cm or 20cm including tail.

7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? N/A

8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Yes, many, a couple of years old.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? It was aquarium soil, I took most of that out, now there are just pebbles left.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? No

9. a. Filtration? Tidal 120 (hob) I clean it in tank water every couple of weeks. Changed a small amount of media a few weeks ago.
b. Heater? No

10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Light turns on and off at sunrise/ sunset (using a smart plug & app) Light is built into the tank.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Through the windows yes, maybe 12 hours a day?

11. a. Water change schedule? I mean to do 50% weekly, but in reality I think I have been mainly doing 50% - 60% every two weeks.
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?

12. Foods? Hikari Fancy Goldfish & Hikari Algae Wafers, threw away when he got sick. Peas only for 3 days, Repashy Supergold yesterday. + Plants.
How often are they fed? Once a day 1 - 2 mouthfulls

13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
Left side swollen bulge, scales stick out. "Puss" or something white coming out.
Right side scales slighty sticking out
Hemorrhages at the base of his scales, fins and mouth.
Today he seemed listless, perked up for feeding time but then sat back on the bottom of the tank about an hour later.

b. Appearance of poop? Poops thin and translucent in some areas, but normal sometimes.
c. Appearance of gills? Normal, but squashed by the swelling/ lump on his side.

14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes, I was advised by someone on another forum. It is a 3 day treatment, finished today without improvement, I have been advised to continue the treatment for another 3 days. I will always ere on the side of caution when it comes to medicating fish, but I don't think I have time to wait for a proper diagnosis, I think he is dying.
b. What meds were used? Yes - eSHa 2000, 3ppt aquarium salt

Oct 21st: 5tbsp salt to 100L, 30% water change
Oct 22nd: 3ppt salt (300g per 100L), fed peas only, 30% water change
Oct 23rd: eSHa 2000 24 drops, salt 3ppt, fed peas only
Oct 24th: eSHa 2000 12 drops, salt 3ppt, fed peas only
Oct 25th: eSHa 2000 14 drops (2 extra accidentally), salt 3ppt, fed Repashy supergold

15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.

Other information that might be pertinent: I think I used too much API Stress Coat & Stress Zyme, I used to use a double dose because I thought it was good for the tank. There is a slimly white film i've never seen before growing on one of the airstones, started growing a week or less ago.

InkedPXL_20211025_131212813_LI.jpg

PXL_20211025_095302734.jpg

PXL_20211025_131213706.jpg

PXL_20211025_131214694.jpg

PXL_20211025_095047735.MP.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store