Favorite Author/Book?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
Leopardess said:
I will say that I just (a few days ago) read "Watership Down" at the urging of my mother. I adored that book. It was so well written....and that's hard to do when you consider the entire book is from the prospective of Berkshire rabbits in the wild. I really suggest it. Great for kids (older kids, it's over 450 pages and can be rather sad) and adults alike.
That IS a great book. I loved it :)

Black Beauty is a classic too, and Charlotte's Web. So many great classic books. You have a lot of them on your list there that I love as well.

How about Robert Frost? Or Ezra Pound?

Roan

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
So thats what books are for. I thought they were just something to fill up the bookcase shelves. They would look bare without them.

I don't read and I'm not a religous nut but the best book ever put out is the Bible written by God.

It has love,hate,revenge,sex,death,life pretty much covers everything. Its one of the most action packed books ever put out.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I will say that I just (a few days ago) read "Watership Down" at the urging of my mother. I adored that book. It was so well written....and that's hard to do when you consider the entire book is from the prospective of Berkshire rabbits in the wild. I really suggest it. Great for kids (older kids, it's over 450 pages and can be rather sad) and adults alike.
I'll third that, the animated movie was decent, but the book is spectacular.

My all time favorite has to be "East of Eden" by John stienbeck. Stienbeck is a bit dark, but he had a very deep understanding of human nature, and could capture it well in his writing. I have never read anything he wrote that dissapointed me.

I love to read and since we were without a TV a good portion of my childhood, I read a lot. I used to get in trouble in school for sneaking books to read during class instead of paying attention to the teacher.

Any Star Wars book (I've read over 20, but don't even know anymore how many are in print)
All of Tolkiens stuff is phenominal
I Like Louis Lamour
Edgar Allen Poe's short stories are pretty entertaining.

I Didn't particularly like Stephen King, I agree he is a great Author, but he took my mind to places I didn't want it to go.

And BTW. God did not Write the Bilble, he Orchestrated the story Line. His phophets, Apostles and desciples wrote the Bible. There were multiple Authors. And I do Personally believe it is among the greatest Books ever written.
Dave

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Okay if you want to get technical about it.

Think of it as a bossman dictating a letter through his secretary. Who wrote the letter, the bossman or secretary?

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Just remembered another. 'Watchers', by Dean Koontz. They butchered the movie but I loved the book. It's about a dog.

Mark

Nov 15, 2004
Hannys_Papa said:
sublime1184 said:
... but my favorite book is Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler.

:eek:

What? That's your fav too? :D That's actually a very great read. Highly intellectual and a great mind at work...too bad he lost his marbles though. Don't tell me lack of comprehension of that choice is why you are surprised ;)

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
I thought of a few more that I have read at least 5 times... all Lit class reading first time around :D 1984, Animal Farm, The Great Gatsby, & the Scarlet Letter.

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Charles Dickens...The Tale of Two Cities.
Edgar Allen Poe...anything and everything.
George Orwell...Animal Farm, 1984
Tom Clancey..John Ryan/Mr Clark books
Piers Anthony...Xanth series
Tolkien...Hobbit and trilogy
Alistar McClean....anything
J.K Rowling...Harry Potter series
Steinbeck...Grapes of Wrath
M*A*S*H series..there were a couple authors, Hooker did the most, and Butterworth, I think..
Spider Robinson....the stuff relating to Callahans Crosstime saloon is a riot!I've not read anything else by him.
Douglas Adams..Hitchhikers Guide series
Glen Cook...there are 2...the one I like writes the series about Garrett, the private investigater in TunFAire...Sweet Silver Blues is the first book.
Betty Neels...if you have heard of her, and have any books you want to unload..I'm trying to get copies of all of them . I think she has about 134 out there.

People who's stuff I find to scarey to read:
H.P. Lovecraft...
Stephen King

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store