Finally a BIGGER tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I would make one of those giant clay caves/mountain. They are DIY, and look great, but you need to find fish safe glaze to color. I had seen a link on how to make it a year ago, but I can't find it. But your fish would love it, if you could make one. First, you need non-tox clay, and then you need a lot of it to make something with a base of 32"X32 with a height of ~4ft. Then, you need to make twisting branch like loops with space for fish to swim through, arches, caves, etc.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Ok tank is all setup and it has one inhabitant, my pugnose dog face puffer fish!

Lol ok I'm kidding but I had to do it 

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
More color lol?? The acrylic comes in at least 40 shades and can all be mixed together.
You could put the Mona lisa on the background !!lol I've found exterior acrylic latex as good as two part epoxy for about a third the cost. get a can and experiment with it . Helps to have some artistic talent
So you're not considering a "plenum "?? Would think with that size and number of fish the nitrates will be out of this world lol. I'm always suspicious of them wondering what else they are doing besides removing nitrates. To me a plumbed purge system will do the same job without MOST of the problems . My main problem with open systems has been my water supply is very hard and alkaline limiting the use. Only running a planted 75 but in this case I use collected rainwater BUT is only semi open and not automatic though I can change 40 gallons in under 8 minutes . with the waste going to the garden . A major problem is no matter how much dancing I do I can't make it rain.lol
I have 275 gallons in reserve but is not enough.,still run out
gary

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Ok tank is all setup and it has one inhabitant, my pugnose dog face puffer fish!

Lol ok I'm kidding but I had to do it 
Ur dog just upgraded to a 5 star dog house with pool.:D
Your dog looks scared of the tank:)

U drop him in.................
But how do u get him out?....................lol

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
I don't think the dog looks scared. I think it looks like it has the "seriously? this sooooo better be worth it!" look that smaller dogs often get. :rofl:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I was just saying, cuz he looks like hes saying get me out of here right now.:)

sCeRaXn

AC Members
May 29, 2009
If i were you id cut the top half of the tank off, put a bottom on that part, then enjoy two 292.5g tanks :headbang2:

Looking good so far. Cant wait to see it full of water with fish swimming around.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Lol she got gently lowered in as I got in the tank, and she was a littles scared lol, don't worry I pulled her out right after the picture.

And one BIG tank is enuff at a time lol, even tho I would like it to be bigger cause this one is gonna have to last me about 3 years before I can get the 10,000g built.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^, sorry, I said he

for the 10,000G, are you going to do what most monster fish keepers do, like 3 sides concrete, and the only the viewing panel glass?

I wish I could get a tank bigger than my 72G, I will have to wait till im an adult, and have my dorm, or house.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store