Finally got me some shrimps! ;-)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
So, I've been wanting some more cleaner shrimp, pretty much from the time my last pair died. Actually, maybe before.

There was think hawkfish, then this misunderstanding...

Anyway, I was in a pet store up the road yesterday, waiting for my wife to have her eyebrows burned off, or whatever girls do in such places, and I saw they had 2 of them.

I asked for a price, and was told to hold on while the girl went to ask.

She came back and said, '$10.99'.

I bought both. I couldn't believe it. I think there was a miscommunication somewhere, as I've never even heard of them for remotely close to that price.

I spent about 4 hrs changing their salinity from 1.021 to 1.025 and they're now hanging out in the back of my rock work.

Anyway, I'm excited.

Hoooray! ;)

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Right now they're in hiding. I can see antenna, so I know they're just hanging out back there, but they aren't coming out for the camera just yet..;)

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Great price, its very unusual to see cleaner shrimp go for less than $17 here. However I do know a wholesaler in my area that sells them for $10. Those always go very fast.

I can't wait to see some pictures.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
It depends on the types of cleaners here.. Skunk cleaners normally go for like 35 bucks..

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Wow nice deal...They're usually 25-35 a pop here.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Knowing what I know about prices in my area I just couldn't do it.. I'd have to double check at the register to make sure someone wasn't making a mistake like that..

Hope these guys make it..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store