First Vivarium!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Oh my gosh, I forgot the best parts! :eek3:

My DIY sponge filter with bubbler!

Rocks for false bottom.

And the best part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
<><
*Those were fish, but this is not!

A JUMBO BAG OF PEAT MOSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!:headbang2:

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Hey guys,
I just read this article in the stickies section and it got me wondering. Do I have a vivarium or a paludarium? Not that it really matters but I an just curious.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks awesome razz! Keep the updates coming!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks! I still need some sand and orchid bark for my mix but everying that is made for orchids seems to have perlite or ferts in it already. Does anyone know where I can get some plain old orchid (fur) bark?

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
The silicone has dried and the water half is filled! Now to wait a day or so and hope it doesn't leak!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Ya, I put a ton more silicone on after the divider was in place.

I am afraid to go check on it for fear that right as I walk in the divider is going to fall!!!!!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I've found that you generally have to go to a garden center to find orchid bark without ferts in it. Or you can order it online. Lowes and home depot seem to only carry the miracle grow stuff.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Alright that's what I assumed I just haven't been able to get to a garden center....... Too bad the one down on the corner just closed.

So now I have a problem that never once crossed my mind until now........

I don't have a stand....... I had the tank on an antique chest but the tank always hung off the ends about 2 inches on either side so I have to figure something out. I think I'll just build one since I haven't been able to find anything on craigslist.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store