fish illness expert???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
So what the **** is the 'proper' medicated flake??
Give me a link to it, not just tell me I'm treating them wrong!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
:wall:

Look on page 1. Post #5.

De-Worm flake with Fenbendazole...and don't tell me I haven't been saying Fenbendazole the entire time here.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I recommended what flake you try, but if you don't want to buy it online that's up to you. I have never seen any decent medicated food on sale at any LFS, ever. If I had to try anything from the LFS it would probably be the New Life Spectrum Ther-A food as a complimentary treatment, which doesn't even contain medication but mega doses of garlic, which is recommended by experts such as Jack Wattley (prominent discus breeder).

But what should work for you, because it worked for me, is deworming flake with Fenbendazole, which you can get at the Angels Plus site or on Aquabid. If I did not make that clear enough (I thought I did) then my apologies.

But I have to say your attitude is not the greatest, from when you first started this post "No one knows anything!" (your words, verbatim) to this last comment you made. I can understand being frustrated, but there's no need to take it out on the people who do nothing except give you advice for free.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
1 lb Anti-biotic Flake $13.75, 4 or more $13.25 ea

1 lb Anti-protozoan Flake $13.25, 4 or more $12.75 ea

1 lb De-worming Flake $13.75, 4 or more $13.25 ea

which one?
That's what I meant, I need a clear answer to what meds. I just noticed my favorite fish is stuffed with the worms, so I am more freaked out than before.
Sorry for being rude/mean.

I am guessing it's the last one, de-worming?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
1 lb De-worming Flake $13.75, 4 or more $13.25 ea

But you do not need 1 lb. 3 oz is plenty and only $4.25 plus shipping.

It's ok. Hopefully he will recover. This is really good flake - it has garlic flake as a base. I got the Florida Guppies Plus kind (same active ingredient, same concentration) but it's not garlic flake based. I think that's a great idea Angels Plus had to put lots of garlic in it.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Oh, I see. Why don't you get 3 oz of each kind then? Kanamycin is great for bacterial infections and Metronidazole works for bloat, hole in the head...and I've used the medicated flake with Metro when treating for ich with heat (10 days at 84 degrees)

If I had to get only one more, I wouldn't be able to decide between the Anti-Protozoa and the Anti-Bacterial. Both are equally useful IMO.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
I do need regular fish food, guess I can buy that for now. Get the others later.
Would rinsing the sand help any in lowering the amount of worms in the tank?
I am getting a 75gal to upgrade to today.

Is UPS ground or Priority Mail faster or they both pretty much the same?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store