Fish stocking question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I have a 72 Bow front.

*ALL JUVENILES*

1 blue tang
1 kole tang
3 firefish
1 mandarin goby
1 banded goby
2 diamond gobies
1 red spotted blenny
2 oscellaris clowns
1 blue spot puffer
1 flame angel
1 green wrasse
1 tamarin wrasse
2 cleaner shrimps
1 condy anemone
1 sand sifting star
1 lemon peel mimic tang (coming soon)

What is a good number of blue/green chromis to add? They are going to be the finishing touch fish wise. 3, 5 or 7?

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I'm going with 5. I've got my tank working in perfect harmony and balance keeping all the water parameters at a constant perfection as well. Plus in a few years time as the fish grow I will have a way bigger tank so I'm not very concerned about over crowding. Thank you for your input though.

bdavis27701

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
N.E. Ohio
Seems like alot of fish for that size tank. Its not so much how big the fish are, you need to have swimming room for them.

bdavis27701

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
N.E. Ohio
Might want to get rid of the damsels soon. They tend to get a little agressive once they grow some (although yellow tails don't seem to be as bad as the others)

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I already did get rid of them. They are mean...and hard to get out too!

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I have to agree with the others about already having enough. You have 2 fish less than me and my tank is 182 and I feel I'm over stocked. I had 15 Chromis and they've dwindled away to 8 due to them killing each other. I'm now thinking it was due to lack of space as I haven't lost any for a while.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I just noticed in another thread that you have only had the tank 6 weeks and are dealing with ich too? I'd slow down, way down. You also need to stock according to what the fish will be at adult size, not at their juvenile size. Please consider using a QT tank as well.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store