Flourite Feedback?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nvision

what the heck is a pl*co?
Dec 11, 2002
Sunnyvale, CA
jau.smugmug.com
3 may not be enough--you will practically wash away 1/5 of it once you get the rinsing done. i'd recommend at least 4 depending on how aggressive you want to slope. good suggestion, btw.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I am using the flourite sand and I love it. Like others have said, definitely wash it real well prior to placing it in the tank. I am not sure how other people are vacuuming their tanks, but I have never sucked up any flourite unless I stick the end of the hose right on top of the sand. This is an old pic of my tank, the stuff is more grey than black.

tanknoplants071908.JPG

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
lol. i know it was horrible. it took about 4-5 days to settle. and for about 2 weeks after that it would cloud up to nearly opaque every time i disturbed it, with gravel vacs and even just adding water.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
OMG that is horrible how long did it take to clear?
I did the same things, and was lucky enough to have the smog disappear in about 4 or 5 water changes. I have flourite in all of my tanks right now and I love it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store