Flourite Feedback?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fl4ian

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
a picture is worth a thousand words :)

I rinsed my flourite for hours, and I still couldn't see in the tank after I put it in. My $.02 is screw rinsing it at all. If it's possible, put it in dry, then add water splashing it down on a saucer or rock to deflect it. After a month or so, most of the fine grain stuff will have settled deeper and you won't make such a mess planting/replanting.

I have no experience with eco complete, but may try it next time, due to the mess factor. The plants like the flourite though.

this is what happens when you dont rinse your flourite properly...
you get guinness
View attachment 94040

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I have eco in one of mine.Put it right in,no rinsing.It was crystal clear in about 2 hours.

FrostyNYC

AC Members
May 27, 2008
Queens & LI, NYC
After having used Eco Complete, Flourite Black, and ADA Aquasoil, I have to say that Flourite ranks at the bottom of the list for those 3 nutrient-rich substrates. I had the slowest growth in Flourite, by far, despite supplemental dosing.

If you're looking for a consistant black color though, Flourite is tops. Rinsing is a pain, and stirring it will release dust, but 3 rinses in a bucket cleaned it out well for me before I added it to my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store