FW MORAY EEL

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jellolicious

AC Members
Mar 15, 2017
SO I PURCHASED A FW MORAY EEL AT MY LFS, WHICH I AM GREAT FRIENDS WITH SINCE BIRTH. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH THE EEL AS I SEEN IT. BOUGHT IT, KNOWING MY OTHER BUDDIES HAVE KEPT THEM IN FW, NOT BRACKISH WITH GREAT LUCK. BUT ITS BEEN ABOUT 4 DAYS AND STILL HASNT EATEN. I HAVE 3 OTHER BICHIRS, A ROPE FISH, AND OTHER TOP FISH BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN EAT THE SILVERSIDES I LEAVE FOR MY MORAY. I ALSO HAVE ROSIES IN THE TANK FOR THE EEL AND ALSO MY GAR. BUT HAS ANYONE HAD ISSUES WITH FW MORAY EEL FEEDING HABITS? I HAD A SNOWFLAKE EEL BEFORE BUT HE SADLY WAS ILL WHEN I PURCHASED AND I TRIED TO SAVE HIM.. RIP

I JUST NEED HELP TO GET HIM TO EAT..

1 HYDRO GAR
2 ANGELFISH"KOI ANGEL"
2 PINK KISSING GOURAMI'S
1 PEARL GOURAMI
1 BLUE GOURAMI
1 SPOTTED LEAF PUFFER
1 ROPEFISH
3 BICHIRS"BIKERS"
1 FW MORAY EEL

ALL IN MY 125GALLON.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
SO I PURCHASED A FW MORAY EEL AT MY LFS, WHICH I AM GREAT FRIENDS WITH SINCE BIRTH. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH THE EEL AS I SEEN IT. BOUGHT IT, KNOWING MY OTHER BUDDIES HAVE KEPT THEM IN FW, NOT BRACKISH WITH GREAT LUCK. BUT ITS BEEN ABOUT 4 DAYS AND STILL HASNT EATEN. I HAVE 3 OTHER BICHIRS, A ROPE FISH, AND OTHER TOP FISH BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN EAT THE SILVERSIDES I LEAVE FOR MY MORAY. I ALSO HAVE ROSIES IN THE TANK FOR THE EEL AND ALSO MY GAR. BUT HAS ANYONE HAD ISSUES WITH FW MORAY EEL FEEDING HABITS? I HAD A SNOWFLAKE EEL BEFORE BUT HE SADLY WAS ILL WHEN I PURCHASED AND I TRIED TO SAVE HIM.. RIP

I JUST NEED HELP TO GET HIM TO EAT..

1 HYDRO GAR
2 ANGELFISH"KOI ANGEL"
2 PINK KISSING GOURAMI'S
1 PEARL GOURAMI
1 BLUE GOURAMI
1 SPOTTED LEAF PUFFER
1 ROPEFISH
3 BICHIRS"BIKERS"
1 FW MORAY EEL

ALL IN MY 125GALLON.
1.) this is the wrong forum
2.) 4 days is not long enough to acclimate
3.) you should not even offer him food for a week.
4.) which species of Gymnothorax is it?
5.) if he decides to eat your Puffer they will both die

Reactions: jellolicious

jellolicious

AC Members
Mar 15, 2017
1.) this is the wrong forum
2.) 4 days is not long enough to acclimate
3.) you should not even offer him food for a week.
4.) which species of Gymnothorax is it?
5.) if he decides to eat your Puffer they will both die

ok so dont feed him for a week, let him acclimate. and my spotted leaf puffer is too large for his small mouth. about 7 inches around for the leaf puffer. and im sorry for the wrong forum.
and its the gymnothorax tile

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
ok so dont feed him for a week, let him acclimate. and my spotted leaf puffer is too large for his small mouth. about 7 inches around for the leaf puffer. and im sorry for the wrong forum.
and its the gymnothorax tile
tile is not a FW Moray, it will need to be graduated to brackish or marine by adulthood. G. polyuranadon is the only true FW moray

jellolicious

AC Members
Mar 15, 2017
tile is not a FW Moray, it will need to be graduated to brackish or marine by adulthood. G. polyuranadon is the only true FW moray
My buddies have kept them in fully freshwater and was a success. My lfs said they will be fine in freshwater unless i decided to put into full marine or brackish water they wouldnt be able to go back to freshwater. my lfs is very knowledgeable with their fishes and wouldnt let a fish be sold just to die. theyre very keen on that. im just hoping i have luck with the freshwater like my others in the fish community.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
My buddies have kept them in fully freshwater and was a success. My lfs said they will be fine in freshwater unless i decided to put into full marine or brackish water they wouldnt be able to go back to freshwater. my lfs is very knowledgeable with their fishes and wouldnt let a fish be sold just to die. theyre very keen on that. im just hoping i have luck with the freshwater like my others in the fish community.
well considering they are partial-Anadromous I would say your LFS is wrong. Whether they spawn in FW or SW, the adult always return to the ocean

jellolicious

AC Members
Mar 15, 2017
well considering they are partial-Anadromous I would say your LFS is wrong. Whether they spawn in FW or SW, the adult always return to the ocean
Sad things if my lfs is wrong, which its seeming like it. but like i said others have kept them for years no issues in freshwater. im hoping for the same result. and i think is the "tile" but i cant tell. looks like a Gymnothorax polyuranodon but not the right coloration.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Sad things if my lfs is wrong, which its seeming like it. but like i said others have kept them for years no issues in freshwater. im hoping for the same result. and i think is the "tile" but i cant tell. looks like a Gymnothorax polyuranodon but not the right coloration.
does it look like this:
STT_1574.JPG STW_1577.JPG

Reactions: jellolicious
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store