Getting porcupine puffer tomorrow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I think I got the feeding thing pretty well down pat today with minimal waste.
the puffer just eats whole chunks of stuff
What goes in, must come out.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
LOL, nothing small about a puffer's waste (or waist!)!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
The butterfly and puffer seem to both still be doing good but I had a question about the puffer. Although I'm sure he's still settling in and he is still pretty small, he spends most of his time in the back of the tank either under the overflow box or behind the powerhead When it comes to feeding he is always ready to eat and gets excited and moves around the tank alot more. But after he's finished eating he just goes back to hiding. He spends most of his time during the night in similar spots towards the back top as well.

Is this normal and do you think it will change at all. Other than this he seems pretty healthy when it comes to everything else.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Is anyone picking on him? When I go diving, the puffers are nowhere to be seen during the day.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
No not really i don't think, I've seen the butterfly nip at him twice so far but he doesn't seem bothered by it and just swims away. I don't know that could be why though, maybe he wants to keep his distance from the butterfly? He doesn't seem to be stressed about it at all though and when it comes to feeding he is not shy at all though and comes right out and next to the butterfly with no fear of him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store