Gibby Updated Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Very nice. How about some pics of the L001? Also, how do those small fish survive in there without becoming snacks?

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
Very nice. How about some pics of the L001? Also, how do those small fish survive in there without becoming snacks?
i dont' have any recent pics of the L001 because he hides all day. he's been starting to come out a bit at night right before the lights go out so i'll try to see if i can get something. the giant danios are way too fast for the oscar to catch which is why they make good dithers in an oscar tank. here's an older pic of the L001 when he was smaller.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I noticed that the Gibbi is willing to be out in the open then the josel's. Schrophus are the same as josel's and so is my weberi. It's only the gibbi who is willing to come out in the open day time or night time. Pretty interesting how they all act timid with exception to the gibbi.

LOL I finish typing that and before I even hit send my weberi decides to try and prove me wrong. I have noticed that weberi has a bigger attitude then gibbi's amongst there own family. I have also noticed though that Hypostomus pleco's tend to be more violent and able to inflict more damage then Pterygoplichthys can. I found this out with my fish. My bigger josel got beat up quick by my unknown Hypostomus sp. also Pterygoplichthys can take abuse but not as much as Hypostomus. Where a Pterygoplichthys will decide its time to flee a Hypostomus will decide its time to turn up the heat. Only Pterygoplichthys willing to turn up the heat is the gibbi.

Your Josel looks to be slightly bigger then minbe. Could tell by the tail formation. The tail changes shape the bigger it gets. Which lets me know yours is one step ahead of mine. Mine hasn't had the higher water temps needed for faster growth though until recently. Same goes for my albino gibbi and my weberi. I'll try to take and post pictures when I got the time and feel up to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store