Goldfish in a Planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bob Clark

AC Members
Dec 30, 2018
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and excited to show my goldfish tank! After watching several YouTube videos, I've learned how to select plants that will survive with goldfish! Anubias and Java ferns. I would like to hear from other fish keepers and share stories/advice. Thanks
IMG_2068.JPG

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nice looking tank Bob! Is that a 55g? All fancy goldfish or are there some commons or comets in there as well?

I kept some java fern and anubia in my goldfish 55g for a year or so. They sifted through it quite a bit, but for the most part it stayed intact. These were smaller sized goldies though. Not sure they'd hold up with fist sized fancies or a 10" comet.

Bob Clark

AC Members
Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for the advice. My tank has been set up for over a year. The plants are getting larger..the goldfish don't seem to like the taste and thickness of Anubias/java ferns! All of my plants are glued on rocks or potted.That's the exciting thing! The tank is 55g.The fish are growing but don't bother the plants amazingly! I can't believe it..I've seen other goldfish tanks with similar plants.

Bob Clark

AC Members
Dec 30, 2018
I also feed my 5 comet/common goldfish(55g tank) plenty of greens to hopefully satisfy their taste for plants.I see many Youtube fish keeper videos with successful planted goldfish tanks...Aquarium Co op comes to mind.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store