Goldfish Show: Aquarama 2009

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I can't deprive our goldfish enthusiasts here the pleasure of viewing pictures taken by a fellow forum member of a local forum, PALHS. Here's the link. Warning: Tagalog is a native language and often used with English there so don't be surprised if you cannot understand some words there.
http://www.mypalhs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2449637#post2449637

Or you could always view pictures here directly.

My favorite so far!!!

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
I have to second petluvr. I find extremes in any animal to be unsightly. These fish look very deformed to me. I think the same about American bred German Shepherd show dogs. The extreme angulation they have bred into them seems to create a functional problem with their gait. These fish seem like they would have great difficulty swimming with such huge abdomens. I don't mean to speak poorly about someone'd dedication to a selective breeding program but I truly don't like their end result.

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
i agree. i love goldies and some of those are just grotesque

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Thanks for the photos, Lup.

Have to say I didn't like the special needs fancies either for a lot of years. The lack of a dorsal fin bothered me at first with ranchus and lionheads... but some of them are starting to grow on me now, particularly the ranchus and tosakins.

PuppyFluffer

AC Members
Jan 9, 2008
east coast USA
What is the purpose of such extreme shape? I recognize that there is some sort of "breed standard" ( I don't know what it is called for goldfish but that's the dog term). I'm just curious why someone would try to achieve this.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I'd say it's an aesthetic preference, PuppyFluffer... possibly a cultural difference as well.

Jackd

AC Members
Jul 16, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Nice shots of some great fish. Goldfish used to be my main thing. I still keep some but branched out a lot from where I was a couple years ago.

Jack

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store