Goods temperature for betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Hi all! ❤

I’m still having my stupid dilemma whether my tank temperature is goods for my boy

This is the current temperature in the tank-

5E169CF5-46ED-4103-935E-1F3789390C68.jpeg

But I’ve found this info on Google that caused me further doubts-

05C6E595-3FA8-421D-9626-73D932B3C3FD.jpeg

What are they talking about health issues? Like what illnesses?
I read many sources on temperature good for betta splendens and those seem to tell me different things about temperature for bettas and caused me to be confused.com xD

Mr D dougall you seem to know a lot about this, I would love to be calmed down by experts and have some info in a nutshells.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm supposed to be working.. :)

But in short, in a nutshell, fish being kept in less than ideal situations (temperature for one, water chamistry, rapid changes, tankmates etc) can cause a fish to become stressed... when stressed they are less likely to be able to fight off infection, parasites or whatever.. hence the more at risk part.

For example if you have a cold, it's not a good idea to go out into tje snow just wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Unfortunately, advice on the internet isn't exactly regulated, so results you find can mislead, be completely wrong, or whatever.. as you get experienced, you will find names to trust, (or sites to trust) and some to avoid. Your average fish club that has been around for decades is likely to have better information than your average joe on YouTube (They might not... but more likely)

Personally, if I am looking something up, my favorite website is https://www.fishbase.se/search.php

Other than that, it's trusted friends or stores, or other sources of information. I'm not a huge Betta guy, so I will normally look primarily at the IBC for information, or maybe poke around the associated affiliated groups on facebook.

Reactions: Sprinkle

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
seriously fish is another good site, I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

The problem with Betta Splendens, is that it is a name given now to a hybrid, that used to be a valid species of fish... so 2 things being called the same thing.

as for a higher temperature making them heal... think of it more like a problem being removed... and think of it being the correct temperature, rather than higher. It just removes an extra source of irritation or a problem.. so their body's resources can concentrate on fighting off infection or whatever.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would probably slow down a bit...

I'm not following all posts, but if your heater is not adjustable, or not reliable, I would likely replace it sooner rather than later. your better will likely be fine at your current temperature though

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Sorry, I’m a bit quick with my posts ?
I should be able to replace it soon. I could order a new heater next week on Thursday, and if its a good time?
I’m looking forward to buying this guy:

What do you think about it Mr D dougall ?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I'm not gonna recommend a heater I haven't heard of, in a different country.

It might be fine, but I would try to get a first hand opinion of them. heaters are often the most frequent to fail, and have the worst results when they do.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Your temperature is good.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Your temperature is good.
Goods ??
But now I’m a mess, the water seems cold for me, but my thermometer shows now 27-28 C. Though at that temperature the water is cold for me.
I’m crazy, I’ll get both and will get a new heater and a thermometer xD

Question off topic a bit, I washed my hands before putting in the tank, but they smell still of soap and I’m a nervous wreck and am wondering if this’ll hurt my betta? I did wash the soap properly, but still.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store