Guppy Community Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
just a question... did you cycle those tanks? there cloudy or is that just your camera? pretty fish :)
Tank's cycled, the water is green from over-feeding is my guess. I'm almost trying to get the plants to grow, so perhaps too long of a photo period as well.

Here's some more pics.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

Enjoy, and keep the comments coming! Thanks for all the kind words!

IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0148.JPG

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
your tanks hon need more water changes. I went thru green water for 3 weeks but I did water changes every other day for that time and turned off the lights to only half. now my tank is crystal clear again. you have nice fish, if you start with the water changes ( i did 50% each time) your tank will look better in no time. like I said your fish are pretty ( I have a 29 with these same fish) if you keep up on changes and turn lights off sooner you will get over the green water :)

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
I kind of like the green water. It's the only tank that I have that has it. The plants in there are not doing too hot because of it, but I'm not concerned, yet. It gives the little ones some protection. Unless it's bad for their health, I might leave it green for a while.

Thanks for the complements on the fish!

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Thanks for the kind words!

I'm going to start sorting out the males and females soon, and try to breed some more of the yellow/red guppies. The female just gave birth a few days ago. I think I must have like 70 guppies in that 10G tank right now.

I also have a new Endler tank going now, they'll be kept seperate. They are just starting to color up.

Trisha

AC Members
Apr 17, 2008
You need to get the algae bloom under control as it is bad for the health of your fish.

Less food, lights off, more water changes, black out for 3 days if all else fails.

Lovely guppies!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store