have you have touched your pleco?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
leave em alone, guys, think about a giant comming down and wanting to touch you
if they come to you, OK, but don't hunt them just to get to know how they feel like
I believe Maelfic's pleco loved the "giant" finger.

mrfryc

Chris Fryc
Aug 17, 2007
Waterville, NY
My common pleco feels like the one side of a cheesegrater you don't use for grating cheese. You know, the kind that ends up ruining your sponges?

Also, I inherited my pleco when bought a 75G tank used. He was tankmates with two African Cichlids. He was about 6 inches long, and the cichlids were about 5 inches long each. I gave the cichlids to my LFS, eventhough they were beautiful in color, and kept the pleco. Once I examined the pleco in his temporary tank where he waited for my 75G to be ready, I noticed he had what looked to be huge nip and bit marks on the end of all his fins. I can only assume these were from the Africans.

On a seperate note, would anybody else use the word "grumpy" as the primary word to describe your pleco? I have 3 different types of plecos (common pleco, several rubbernose or bullnose plecos, and a "vanilla" or albino pleco) and the only ones that don't seem grumpy are the bullnose ones.

Oh well, just wondering...

ITHURTZ

BIG BOSS
Apr 19, 2007
Lake County IL (north of cook)
I would say mine is chill and easy going, until food comes around. I have a vid 6min long when I put food in the tank, he turned into a ******* to all the other fish

Last edited by a moderator:

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
yea my pleco was swarmed by my africans he died like so fast idk i tried 2 save him and he ran away frm net i fanly got frsutated he was dead like next time i was in there

emilyfriedel

Registered Member
Jun 22, 2021
I’ve touched my common pleco a couple times only when he got stuck in my net and wouldn’t get out they are fairly delicate fish although they have rough scales almost rock like I would agree not putting them with aggressive fish they are fairly even tempered

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store