Heal Cracked Mystery Snail Shell

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Macy

Registered Member
Jan 21, 2019
My mystery snail has recently developped a crack in its shell. The crack is the shape of a narrow V, at the widest part of the shell.

It is in a 45 gallon tank with guppies, balloon mollies, lampeye tetras, and 4 other mystery snails (two black and two white, the one with the cracked shell is purple) as well as a bristlenose pleco and a hillstream loach. I haven't seen any of the tank's inhabitants bother it.

None of the other snails have any cracks in their shells. The injured snail spent a lot of time at the top of the tank, but has recently started climbing aroung again. I recently added a piece of cuttlebone to the water, and have been providing some cucumber for extra calcium.

Is there anything I can do to help the shell repair faster, or to keep it safe? I'd like to avoid gluing a second shell over the crack if possible since it can be dangerous and stressful for the snail.
I don't want the crack to get any worse. Please help!

An image of it is attached.

20190121_150602.jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
You can put super glue in to hold it together. It won't hurt the snail. Pat the area dry, put a drop on, let it dry a minute, pop him back in.

Reactions: the loach
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store