Hello, mind if i ask why no one seems to sell Muppies?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lagoonheart

Registered Member
Sep 3, 2017
i want to start creating hybrids between guppies & mollies to sell but i'm not sure if anyone/enough people would be interested?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Didn't even know this was a possibility..

Questions

AC Members
Sep 4, 2017
Get a few female guppies and male mollies and start breeding them from scratch.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Yes but the offspring usually are sterile, so although they would technically be live bearers they also wouldn't because they can't bear offspring.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Doesn't matter if the molly X guppy offspring are sold or held in your own tanks they are sterile and can't have babies, so the only way to get new muppies is to breed molly and guppy again. Attempting to create muppy fry isn't always successful also.

So a fish that can't breed and is harder to produce is why they aren't sold. If I want a livebearer I want babies and muppies can't have babies.

Questions

AC Members
Sep 4, 2017
I might try after my guppy project.But i did research and it's not always successful.I'll see in a few months.

Lagoonheart

Registered Member
Sep 3, 2017
i want to start creating hybrids between guppies & mollies to sell but i'm not sure if anyone/enough people would be interested?
maybe i should have been clearer. if i breed guppies with mollies why do people not want to buy the muppies?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
maybe i should have been clearer. if i breed guppies with mollies why do people not want to buy the muppies?
I wouldn't buy them because they would be a hybrid; others may not want them because they may be sterile.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store