Help! Emergency tank upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
You guys helped me with my 9gallon with pigmy cory’s & guppies recently. And today while I was grocery shopping somehow my teenager tossed her sisters phone and hit shattered my tank!! Within minutes I was home my daughter had gathered all the guppies and 5/7 corrys. While I gathered another tank she found 2 more but they were out for awhile. Alive but one took a moment to move.
I am heartbroken for the little guy.
What I did was move all the substrate and deco into 20g long the sponge filter and pulled out a small HOB filter and shoved it full of the rings and foam from the back of the fluvalflex9.

Stole some water from my other 10g and filled the rest with new water treated api stress coat ( treated for 10 gallons maybe a touch more ?)
Put all the deco and plants in and put all the fish in.
The LPS is closed but should I run off in the morning and get some tetra safe start plus and give it a dose?
what else can I do for the fish? Does it do me any good to test the water tonight? Photos are before and after.

171BD0E2-3D5C-43B3-B3A8-A6D68D0DF9E9.jpeg

EEA529D2-BB6C-462E-8741-08FDEA1E77E0.jpeg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Agreed, if you moved the decor and filter media, the cycle should still be there.
Im so sorry to hear about your tank being smashed. Thats a huge fear.

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
One Cory didn’t make it through the night :( here are my test results this morning. I feel horrible.

2CA07554-FB75-4E3E-B286-6F65FFC1B073.jpeg

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Sorry the paper is just laying there for reference
All I tested and they are left to right. Ammonia nitrite and nitrates

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Im sorry you lost one, but it could have been so so much worse. To have a tank break and only lose 1 fish is really lucky. Unlucky altogether but usually people lose everything as they dont know it happens until too late.

You did nothing wrong, it was a horrible accident, but was not your fault.

• Love
Reactions: Kimunaffected

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Id pick up safe start and Prime just to be safe in case your cycle is affected. Itll protect your fish from cycling.

Reactions: Kimunaffected

Kimunaffected

AC Members
Apr 8, 2020
Real Name
Kim
Im sorry you lost one, but it could have been so so much worse. To have a tank break and only lose 1 fish is really lucky. Unlucky altogether but usually people lose everything as they dont know it happens until too late.

You did nothing wrong, it was a horrible accident, but was not your fault.
Thank you :( your absolutely correct it could have been worse fingers crossed I don’t loose anymore.
so you still think no tetra safe start plus? Just watch and do wc as needed?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store