Help, need advice setting up Vampire crab tank/keeping Vampire crabs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Forerunner546

AC Members
Jan 14, 2018
Hello, as the title suggests I need advice on making the best possible life for purple Vampire crabs. (Geosesarma dennerle)

Right now I am attempting to set up an aqaurium for them, however there is very little information I can find about these crabs.
So far my idea is to have a 50/50 split between water and land. With a drainage layer and soil layer, as well as covering to split layers. Under the water side I will put sand.

I have a repto-filter, which unfortunately has a high minimum water level. So I have set up a barrier of rock to stop the tanks soil from sliding into the water. A picture is attached.

D1409BBA-CEA1-4C59-8C10-414F2339264E.jpeg
(The water line must reach to the uppermost rock)

Any advice on my tank setup and knowledge on the requirements for these crabs would be welcome.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I know very little about them, but I have seen someone who has a paladarium setup for them, with carnivorous plants. That means they'll like high humidity and warmth. One option is to use a plastic box for the soil, with gravel or a rock layer to create a 'beach' between the water and land areas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store