How many Cory Catfish in 38 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks like a gold weather loach but it could be a washed out black kuhli (pangio oblonga) ... you have incompatible fish as for adult size, numbers of of each species & temperatures.

Kuhlis need a minimum of 5 or 6 of the same species. If it's a weather loach, they like friends & grow to 10+ inches, you tank is NOT a long term tank size.

Unless your angels are compatible either as a pair or "maybe" 2 females you'll be sorry. Most silver dollars get to 5 or 6 inches & would like to be in a school of no less than 5 or 6, so you don't have tank space for those. The "skirt" tetras are the same species, regardless of color but, again 5 or 6 is a MINIMUM.

You have some hard choices to make. I'm sorry, but we have to stock our tanks for adult sizes our fish should reach & their optimal temps.

Reactions: dudley

#Crabs

AC Members
Nov 4, 2019
Northern, NJ
Yes I am going to buy more fish to finish schools just the angels have a little fin rot I am waiting for it to go away before i get more fish

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, you need to make some difficult choices very soon. Your tank is just not workable. We've all made those kinds of mistakes but...correct them, now! It's not going to get better "in 2 years". You're already seeing disease issues...part of that is your poor stocking issues. Sorry to be blunt, but , address it now or very soon...

Reactions: dudley and dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would be looking into rehoming some of the fish right now, buying a new tank, performing large water changes or suddenly becoming great at growing aquatic plants.

I don't think without change you are going to be successful. Not even short term.

Not sure if there is still a NJAS meeting coming up this year, but it would likely be the best option for selling fish to others

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store