How many Cory Catfish in 38 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It was marketed as a "Golden Kuhli Loach"
It's a common name.... So might be accurate, might not.

Google the name, see if you can identify based on pictures, pay attention to things like barbels, fin shapes, size etc.

Or say how big it is, length and diameter, and get some close and clear pictures.

To me from the picture, it looks more like a weather liach than kuhlie, in which case something like 'golden dojo loach' might help find it.

What you choose to re-home is up to you, and the level of care / husbandry you are looking to provide for all the fish... Some will outgrow the tank, some not. But lots will do far better in a group of their own actual species rather than a bunch of Singleton's together. I imagine you would do better with a group of your peers than a room full of strangers.

Reactions: #Crabs

#Crabs

AC Members
Nov 4, 2019
Northern, NJ
Can i buy some fish on this upcoming Black Friday sales?
I would want to buy some companions for my kuhli loach (not golden)

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
It's a dojo/weather loach... the problems are they are very social fish, it's cruel to keep them on their own.
2nd problem... it's not a (sub)tropical fish, but a temperate ("cold water") keeping it on tropical temperatures will greatly reduce its lifespan. Also... contrary to kuhlies they grow to 12"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store