How many Cory Catfish in 38 gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Then the internet is wrong, I have them as well you can easily grow them to 10" in 12 to 18 months, certainly on (sub)tropical temperatures.

#Crabs

AC Members
Nov 4, 2019
Northern, NJ
wow really i have mine exactly a year now and it has only grown only an inch the guy at pet store said it would not grow bigger than 6-8 inches

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I will suggest that you find somewhere other than your local fish store to be able to do your research. There are plenty of good internet resources available and I think you are in one of the most sense parts of the US for dedicated fish hobbyists; you don't need to rely only on the guy who is looking to make money from you... They may be great, they may not.. without naming the store you will only have time and experience to go on .

As for temperature, that is gonna depend on what fish you are trying to give ideal conditions. Again, I'm not sure how many of the fish you should keep to give them a good life.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
wow really i have mine exactly a year now and it has only grown only an inch the guy at pet store said it would not grow bigger than 6-8 inches
It is all about water changes and feeding... and I don't even power feed mine.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Technically, a single Cory Catfish should be fine in a ten gallon tank. The problem is that Corydoras are not happy when kept by themselves. Since they are schooling fish, Cories should be kept in groups of 5 or more. For a school of 5 Cories, a minumim tank size of 20 gallons is recommended.
'cory' isn't a species of fish ..

You would do well to not generalize when giving advice ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store