How often can I clean tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EmaLee

AC Members
May 25, 2006
First, it was a strip test. Second I will look into ordering the kit from one of those places. Thank you, I really do appreciate all the advice and info I have gotten. There really isn't anything around here that specializes in freshwater aquariums. It is nice that there is a resource like this out here for newbies like me.

Btw, I am not listening to that other guy at all. I read everything but it is quite obvious who I should be listening to and I am (and that is Roan Art and just about everyone else besides the Tank guy).

Also I will leave some tap water out overnight and post a strip PH test result in the morning.

Jen

Last edited:

TankManATL

Pimp And Player.....You Can Be 1 2
Apr 11, 2006
Spring Hood,Fl
sorry im not poor im actualy a very well paid young man who tells it how its is...beeaaatch

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
your well paid but can't be bothered to spend any of it on properly treating your fish? I think it was meant in another way though.

bert501

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
TankManATL said:
sorry im not poor im actualy a very well paid young man who tells it how its is...beeaaatch
If you really are well paid you should spend some of it on an education. You certainly have no clue as to proper grammar or sentence structure. Nor do you have any manners. This kind of hateful post is exactly why AC is having so many problems.

The original poster had a very interesting question. I'm sure that many of us could relate to it and would like to know the answer for our own use.

Roan--I love to read your posts; you are like a chemist for real people!

Jen (EmaLee)--welcome to AC; I'm new here, too and other than this Tank person most everyone has been helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

Berta :hi:

EmaLee

AC Members
May 25, 2006
Roan Art said:
Jen,

However, the pH differences you've measured need to be addressed. Did you buy a liquid kit or a strip test? Can you take some of your tap water, leave it out overnight, then test the pH and post the results in the morning?

Roan
This morning the tap water Ph (done by strip test) was 7.2

Is the aquarium salt the problem? Could I be adding too much? I add what it says but maybe it is too much? Should I take out some water and add new water (with aquasafe and no more aquarium salt) and retest? Sorry lots of questions.

Good news this morning all fish are alive :) I know it isn't the best conditions but they are still holding in there. It was a relief. I didn't know if the goby would make it through the night. He is acting better this morning though.

Jen

archerman22

AC Members
Apr 17, 2006
Southwestern Ohio
You know my dad has a 29g tank set up in our living room. He had a dragon goby in it that was about 8-9" long and it sounds like it was doing the same thing that yours is doing. Swimming at the top of the water all day and night and never coming down. His ended up dying, but hopefully yours survives. Also before his died its eyes looked like they had sunk into its head, which was weird since they usually kind of sit on top of the head. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the problem in his tank was the ammonia level, or possibly the fact that he didn't listen to me when I told him that they needed salt because they are brackish fish.

On the contrary I have a 6.5-7" Dragon Goby in a 10g ( I know that it is too small, and I plan to upgrade eventually) and he is in brackish and has been healthy for about 4-5 months now. I've never had any problems with him.

Well, good luck with all of your fish Jen.

TankManATL

Pimp And Player.....You Can Be 1 2
Apr 11, 2006
Spring Hood,Fl
u guys really made me realize the person who i am today....sprry i cant spell otr anything but i get crunk then make post sprry for wasting your time...i love gfish i hope to gain back somerespvcet some day

Wishful

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Mesa, AZ
There are always going to be people who see fish as temporary toys, and stores that are willing to cater to their kill-happy selfish habits.
A fish may be pretty low on the evolutionary scale, but it still deserves safe and appropriate housing and care.

Emma Lee, along with the water changes and getting your test materials, stop by your local library and well and read up on aquarium set up, maintainence and find a good book that gives details on the size, care requirements and habits of a wide range of fish. There are great sources on the web and certainly utilize them too, but little beats being able to sit down and read thru a book that gives you the full range of care info that you can easily cross-reference and re-read at will. Knowing your fish BEFORE you buy them will save alot of heartache.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store