how to start a reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cfasulo

AC Members
Dec 21, 2006
Whats up guys. Quick question, For the past 2 days i have been noticing my sand is looking alittle orange now i just came home from work and its alot orange and so is my rock what could this be.

cfasulo

AC Members
Dec 21, 2006
yeah its an orange brown.. i have a light that has the sun light bulb and then the blue bulb as i go to work i have been keeping just the sun light bulb on is that ok, could that be causing the sudden algae growth?

cfasulo

AC Members
Dec 21, 2006
ok i did the water change and hopefully everything is fine. One more question i bought some snails, crabs and shrimps like 2 weeks ago. i noticed that some of the snails and crabs have died off is this normal i think i had about 50 or so snails and crabs i think about 10 have died. also should i keep the sun bulb on during the day or should i put the sun bulb on with the blue bulb during the day.?

cfasulo

AC Members
Dec 21, 2006
if the crabs shed do they hide for a few days and take the snails shells. ok i am running both lights together. i did a water change when should i check the water again. should i give it 2 days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store