Huge+Tiny fish=?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ashes

AC Members
Apr 19, 2001
Northern NY
At the Boston Aquarium, there's an Amazon tank with some HUGE fish (I can't remember what they are, but they were two-three feet long and longer - pacu, maybe?) and standard-sized angelfish in the same tank. If I had seen the two fish separately, I would've thought the big ones would've eaten the little ones, but apparently they didn't. It was sooo cool to see.

Ledslnger

AC Members
Nov 1, 2001
Sioux City, IA
Ashes...that could be because the aquarium replenishes the supply of angels every so often. Underwater World in the Mall of America has to replenish certain fish in their tank with the sharks. They told us they feed them well, but when an opportune time arises the sharks will take an easy meal.

Ashes

AC Members
Apr 19, 2001
Northern NY
Still, though... The angels must be able to survive for some decent period of time without getting eaten. That'd be a lot of replacing to do, if not!

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Maybe large herbivorous fishes wouldn't be forced to eat the angels or smaller fishes since they are in a bigger tank and maybe they eat proper food instead of feeders in a public aquarium.

Ashes

AC Members
Apr 19, 2001
Northern NY
Good point.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store