I banked this one, now its up to YOU

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
i thought about them...n changing the lights to the blklights...

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
a planted tetra tank sounds nice, but lets broaden it a bit to amazonian in general so we can add some rams and some corydoras
works for me a pair of rams and a school of greenfire tetras. a bushynose pleco or 3 or 4 bronze corys to fill out the bottom
:iagree: with both comments. A nice school of rummynose tetras and a pair of GBRs with some cories would be outstanding in a planted tank. I vote for driftwood and plants as decor!

This would be an amazing tank!

ps... rummynoses get around 2"...

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
What are FINISHING stock numbers? Its a 29 so Im assumming it will be a busy tank...

What plants to look out for????

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
going to pick up the tank on monday...its too long away!

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
Got the tank late, got it last night, dirty dirty dirty and 2 inches of ice..not sure if its been effected by it or not. will take pics and post later.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Not sure if you've decided or not but I would do:
7 Corydoras Catfish
10 Tetra (Rummynose, Cardinals, Neons, Black Neons and Black Phantoms are my favoriteS)
and finish it off with a pair of Rams, Apistos or Checkerboard Cichlid.

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
if i use warm water to thaw that ice will it crack?

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I agree, let the ice thaw as is. No sense rushing it if there's risk of damaging the tank.

Filter: Marineland Emperor 280.
Plants: For low light, you can't go wrong with the various crypts, anubias, and Java ferns. Many mosses will also thrive in low light as well. My favs are anubias for the ability to tie them to driftwood for easy maintenance/gravel vacs/rearranging as well as their hardiness.
Fish: 6-8 cories, 15-20 smaller tetras (2" or less) like lemons or green neons or Cochu's blue tetra, and a single ram or krib (pairs will destroy your community tank when breeding, 10 dead diamond tetras in a 75g can attest to that!).
Decor: Driftwood!
Substrate: Doesn't really matter. If you have rooted plants in the substrate, you can either spend money on a plant-specific substrate and then, when the pre-loaded nutrients are used up, dose with ferts/root tabs. OR you can save you money and get regular gravel or sand (hardware supply stores have it cheaper, just make sure no mildewcides/chemicals) and dose with ferts. Low light generally doesn't need too much for ferts, except for heavy root feeders like crypts.

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
Okay, the ice is about 2 inches in the bottom...he sat it outside one night and the water iced. I brought it in, and gonna give it a day...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store