i got this free... hehehe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Subwassertang was what I was thinking too. :(

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
looks exactly like subwassertang with the exception subwass would imo really dwarf this plant. notice the fronds are only about twice the width of the blue line on the paper. it is awesome that it fluffs up in layers just like in the link i provided also. it is much lighter and fluffier in the water too.

i have to be honest here guys. i'd love to get some photos of it in the tank but i'm pretty sure i can't considering where it is, tank growth and my awesome professional photography skills. heck i had the camera on a tripod with the room light, 2 clamp lamps and a flashlight just to get that second pic. after all that i still had to choose from dozen pics and crop it.

the wifey was kinda mad as i stopped her from reading a novel to hold the clamp lamps... lol. i thought that was funny, sorry.

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
riccia floats... this sinks like a feather shaped brick.

oh and i am not using anything but root tabs in this tank mostly... low light/no co2/airstone- 24/7. i do fert slightly though. 1ml per week or 2 of each kh2po4 and csm+b from solutions of 1tblsp per 250ml bottle... very little imo.

heck most floating plants don't stand a chance under my light from my experience although ambulia is doing great somehow.

Last edited:

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
That is indeed mini pellia. Really neat stuff!

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
thanks kurtis.
thanks guys.

oops: please don't kill me thanks kyryah... lol

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
I saw in the other thread and you said you had more than was on that rock. If you ever want to sell some let me know.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Noicee.. where did you get it?

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
kurtis... what would you pay? i have seen ridiculous prices and am not too sure about them. let me clarify. not interested in selling currently. but if i did i don't want anyone getting ripped off, me or the buyer. i have only seen 2 dime size portions go for $20-$30 i think that's insane. if that's the going price though... you know?

neon... i am not sure. it either came in on a plant order or on that rock. if it came in on the rock it survived over 6 hrs of boiling and sprung back undetected. either way it's been between 1-2 yrs. the funny thing is i have had a wild moss ???java maybe??? survive over 24 hrs of boiling... it's crazy.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Those prices are a little at the high end, but not far off. Its a super slow grower for most.

I have seen quarter size chunks go for $15 plus shipping here in the sale forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store