ID This Fish : Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cherrypie

Home Of The Punk Rock Fish
Jul 19, 2005
Perth, Australia
Picture is coming soon, was just about to take it, but found out I need to charge the camera.

cherrypie

Jul 19, 2005
Perth, Australia
Ugh stupid me, did a filter backwash, ended up loosening a heap of gunk that was growing in the return flow to the tank, flooded the tank with muck, so I'll pass on taking photos at the moment.

Anyhow, this one shouldn't be too hard.

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
cherrypie said:
Ugh stupid me, did a filter backwash, ended up loosening a heap of gunk that was growing in the return flow to the tank, flooded the tank with muck, so I'll pass on taking photos at the moment.

Anyhow, this one shouldn't be too hard.

Oh...very cool looking fish!!! I don't have time to research but I would guess in the killifish family perhaps?

BTW...we have those darling scats like in your avatar at work. ADORABLE and as soon as I saw them I thought of you!! LOL

cherrypie

Jul 19, 2005
Perth, Australia
mykidsmylife said:
Oh...very cool looking fish!!! I don't have time to research but I would guess in the killifish family perhaps?

BTW...we have those darling scats like in your avatar at work. ADORABLE and as soon as I saw them I thought of you!! LOL
Awwww, hehehe I love my scats... they're all a fair bit bigger now, still little sweethearts though.

And yep, you're on the right track there with the killifish suggestion.

aaron6175

Wandering Member
Apr 22, 2006
Florida
clown killifish

Edit:

Aplocheilus annulatus

there we go :)

Last edited:

cherrypie

Jul 19, 2005
Perth, Australia
Need a species name with that too ;)

cherrypie

Jul 19, 2005
Perth, Australia
Pseudepiplatys annulatus appears to be the valid name at the moment.

Sorry Aaron, I'm going to have to give it to Freddy.

Ok Freddy, your turn. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store