Illegal Fish Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Only one way to find out...

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
thanks much!

and does anyone know why killifish would be on a banned list? I've seen them at several stores here, including a major chain once.
Killifish are banned in Utah to protect at risk populations of native killifish. The non native killies could cross breed with natives and the numbers of the natives are to low to risk that.

Both Tennessee and Georgia Banned keeping of any native fish from within the respective state without a permit, and those are generally limited to educational purposes.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
That's weird of the crayfish.....
Is it just me that thinks the rule of tropical snakeheads that wouldn't survive the winter being illegal in MA?

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Where the heck is the edit button??!?! I meant is dumb at the end of that last sentence.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
I know slayer. (btw- hi!)
I just think that it's dumb since some species like the rainbow snakehead can't survive the winter up here.

Rafini

AC Members
Jun 24, 2012
I know slayer. (btw- hi!)
I just think that it's dumb since some species like the rainbow snakehead can't survive the winter up here.
Snakeheads are legal here in Alberta. I used to have a giant snakehead in my 225. he grew from 2" - 6" in a month.
they won't survive the winter but for some reason they are illegal in eastern canada, probably because of how close the populated cities are with the US border, and the fact that they are illegal in USA.

heres a very old pic

Reactions: Anders247
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store