I'm Back and Help Me Come Up with Some Stock Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
What does everybody think about my calvus worries?

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Well in theory they can eat the Cyps if they wanted to but in my experience i fed mine a couple times a day with high protein foods and they really never bothered the smaller fish..

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I decided to test this out, and bought 4 white cloud minnows and put them in with the calvus. They were a little interested, but no hunting behavior. I also found a thread on a different forum where one guy said he puts his 1/2" cyp fry in with his WC group of adult calvus to grow them out. I put my calvus in the new tank yesterday, and so far, so good. I'm watching closely though.

On another note, I think I'm going to lose a julie because there's one that all the others pick on. I haven't had transcriptus in a couple years, but I didn't expect them to single one out of the group.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah that's weird as well on the Juli they usually chase each other but really that's it never a signaling out LOL

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The julies seem to be settling down a little bit. The calvus are doing great with everybody as well.

I still have to decide if I want to add the synos or not. I don't think any fry would survive in this tank anyway, so I think I'll probably add some.

The last thing is to get somebody for algae control. Not a big fan of bn's, so I'll probably end up with snails.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Snails might end up being meals...I had some "pest" snails at one point, my transcriptus and multis made quick work of them. They also did not take too kindly to a BN, who needed to be moved to my community tank at the time. If you plan on having one I'd have a back up plan.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I did have a bn in the calvus tank before. He was doing well until I found him chopped up in my filter box. He jumped into it over the overflow, so it may have been aggression that caused it. As far as them eating snails, if I get a species that reproduces really quickly, I couldn't care less if some got eaten. I really wish I could keep some plecos in here though. I LOVED my L-134's that I had for a while, and I'm a big pleco fan partially because of them. I can't keep plecos in any of my tanks anymore :(.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Im not a big fan of plecos. Seems like everyone else is LOL. I hope the singled out juli doesnt get picked on to death. Do you think all the other fish singled it out just because its smaller?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's a little smaller but not by too much.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
It just happens at times with the aggression, I use to keep Albinus plecos with Africans..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store