im sure ill get flamed for this but here it goes....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
Cartman102 said:
WHy is everyone so concerned about him releasing him into the wild?? Didn't sharkguy say he was going to give him to SeaWorld?
yes, but it was first brought up before sharkguy said that. Then he asked if it was a law. Then someone said yes. then he said the law doesnt apply to him. ANd i jsut said yes it does so someone else reading this doesnt get the wrong idea.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
This thread is rapidly degenerating but from it i think we can take a number of points

1) The Nurse shark will out grow a 1000G tank and if it can break a 1000G tank it should have no problem with a 180G

2) You prob should not release animals into the wild.

3) We should all conduct ourselves a little more amicably on here and take criticism a little better

sharkguy

Jaws!!!
Dec 19, 2005
Tampa, FL
www.awdturbodspyder.s5.com
mi just gonna delete it if it keeps giong this way, then no more problem, im not going to release it to the wild the law wouldnt apply to me since after all i didnt catch it from the wild i simply bought it, i understand it will outgrow a 1000 ehich is why i made contact with a marine biologist at sea world orlando to make sure they will take it,, they said they will and give me a life membership anyhow with that cleared up an we get back on topic?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
sharkguy said:
mi just gonna delete it if it keeps giong this way, then no more problem, im not going to release it to the wild the law wouldnt apply to me since after all i didnt catch it from the wild i simply bought it, i understand it will outgrow a 1000 ehich is why i made contact with a marine biologist at sea world orlando to make sure they will take it,, they said they will and give me a life membership anyhow with that cleared up an we get back on topic?
did you read my post? it still does apply to you. I think you should keep the old plan about giving it to sea world.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
sharkguy said:
and i will in a few years and yes i read it I NEVER SAID I WAS RELEASING IT get over it
sorry, i just misread your post. i thought yous aid you were releasing it.

Wishful

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Mesa, AZ
So...Sharkguy, hows the shark doing in his smaller tank? I know a couple folk posted concern that it'd break the 180 easier than the 1000, but I'm guessing there's less risk as it can't build up any speed before hitting the glass. Or are they strong enough a tail swipe could take out the glass?

I remember getting swatted by quite a few small shark tails when I was diving as a kid in Japan and don't recall any of them having really significant force behind them (comparitively speaking).

How'd you end up with the shark anyways? Was it captive bred?

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
Okay Sharkboy, since you keep hurling insults my way...
let me stand up for our local fauna here in the state, I think your full of crap and I don't like your disrespect for our Florida wildlife. Everyone can see your post here
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75658
and we know what you're all about (exploiting wildlife for personal gain) so how about YOU go away...
I am pasting this here since he will probably delete the record of his operation before I turn it over to Fish & Game and I'm sure your comments about the SeaWorld curators are crap too, they'll be as disgusted to see this as I was... SELLING ALLIGATORS? I suspect the purpose of the shark thread is to sell Florida wildlife like the endemic Nurse Shark...

Title of his post:
Anyone intrested in buying sharks or rays? or freshwater gars or anything hard to find?
Sharkboy wrote on 5/20/2006:
anyone intrested in buying sharks or rays? or freshwater gars or anyhtign hard to fin i live in florida reasonable prices can catch about anyhting within reasonable size let me know what you want i will catch upon order also freshwater alligator, florida gars or anything odd or hard to find

thanks
mike

DeputyChiefJR

Glub! Glub!
Jan 18, 2006
Central Ct
On another version of that same post he states that he received his permit about a month ago, dude...Why's everyone so aggressive on here...

nccoastal

eating fish for supper
May 28, 2006
Eastern NC
so sea world give membership with an animal donation.
my brother never told me of that one. He did say however they are in there fill of local %#@% wanting them to take there precious over grown sharks. If you did not have the "sea world plan" from the beginning then you are lucky cause i know where that poor shark would end up. But hey you would have to live with it.

Not rude or anything. but hey you said you probally would get flamed so dont get aggrevated cause you put it on the table.
do us all a favor dont get anymore sharks. take the one you have to sea world tommoro b4 they fill that spot with another person's shark.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store