Is my glofish tetra full of eggs or sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
i have had a red glofish that looks pink for 2 years.I added two new glofish tetras a few months ago.A couple of days ago i noticed my red glofish is really fat.Is it full of eggs or sick. the fatness goes from its first bottom fins to the beginning of its last long fin.Cant get pic cause im new here.sorry if posted in wrong place

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Hard to say. Can you post a pic...make a few posts, I think it's 5 or 10 you need to have. I'm guessing she's just full of eggs. Does she eat? Poo?
But adding new fish can introduce diseases. Are they all tetras? I thought danio when you wrote "glowfish" but that's just because those were the first "glows" I saw several years ago.

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
Hard to say. Can you post a pic...make a few posts, I think it's 5 or 10 you need to have. I'm guessing she's just full of eggs. Does she eat? Poo?
But adding new fish can introduce diseases. Are they all tetras? I thought danio when you wrote "glowfish" but that's just because those were the first "glows" I saw several years ago.
Yes she looks and acts just like she has for all the time ive had her.theres also 2 mollies, a swordtail,3 cories,and a pleco. i dont think it has anything to do with other fish

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Are your new glowfish the same species of tetra? She looks like a normal female "skirt" tetra to me. Sometimes females need some males to get "in the mood". Does she eat well? Looks like she does, lol.

I can't tell the gender of the blue 1 yet.

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
yes i have a green and blue the same size. same species. she eats the same as the other glofish. (when the sinking food comes to her she sometimes eats it.the three stick kind of together,so if one doesnt go to eat,the others dont. she is bigger because i have had her much longer

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
blue is staying with pink but green is kind of lingering off.Looks like pink doesnt care so much about the others cause shes behind a plant, while the others are near the filter

IMG_0257.JPG

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
She looks like a "ready" female & looks like she favors the young mr. blue. But green could also be male, she may be fickle...or more interested in food for now. Do you have any plants (real or fake)? That will help too.

shuhaib

AC Members
Oct 29, 2017
yea right now the lights are off and the green might be spawning with her cause hes sweeping and going under her and over. actually looks like they both spawning her a little bit at a time.Their only spawning a little

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store