Is this CO2 diffuser easy to set up?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Looks like a hassle and not too pretty either. You could try just a glass diffuser low in the tank that rises to an outflow or feed the Co2 into the intake tube of your HOB.. that is if you have a DIY CO2 or some CO2 source, and not just relying on these fizzy tabs. Doesn't sound very stable to me, these tabs. Alternatively, you could try Seachem's Flourish Excel.

Good luck.

Volenti

AC Members
Jul 25, 2007
Australia
Other than it's looks it appears to be pretty straight forward, I think it would only be effective on smaller tanks, 10-30gal, larger than that you need better co2 reactors and pressurised/DIY yeast CO2.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I haven't heard anything good about that system. if you are interested in trying co2, I suggest the Hagen system. the bubble ladder included with it does a great job.

the glass diffusers that jennifer mentioned will not work well unless you have pressurized co2 from a canister. don't waste your money. they look nice, but require high pressure. I've tried several with nothing but frustration.

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
I believe if you use flourish excel, you dont need CO2.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Yes, I have retired my glass diffuser ;) mainly because it does need high pressure to operate. It took almost a week of pressure built up in my DIY CO2 bottle for it to work, and it worked beautifully until pressure starts to decline. Now, I just feed it into the HOB intake tube and forget about it.

I started out with just Excel in my 10g but plants weren't happy until I got DIY CO2. Maybe I had too many high-need plants.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
what is your WPG(watts per gallon)
excel will work in a lot light low tech tank

if you r at 2 wpg you may want to consider DIY CO2.
if you get higher than thar with wpg you will either need more diy or pressurized..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store